[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-12-16 06:21:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Other games  |  Topic: LE tactical sim « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LE tactical sim  (Read 904 times)
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
LE tactical sim
« on: 2004-10-16 04:17:25 »

I played the coolest game today.  I was invited to the dedication of the new FBI building here in Albuquerque.  While I was there, I toured around the place and found a room that they were offering demonstrations of their tactical simulator.

Essentially, they have a dark room with a six foot by ten foot screen against the back wall.  You have a SigSauer P229 that's modified to fire pneumatically.  It's hooked up to some computer gizmos and a compressed air cylinder.  All the controls work like the real weapon, mag release, slide stop, decocker, etc.

They set up video simulation that shows essentially what you are seeing through your eyes as the officer.  They have scenarios that they explain real quick and then you follow the other agents into the encounter.  It's all about shoot/don't shoot, giving commands, accuracy and tactics.  The scenario has several branches giving the controller the ability to change it based on how you are doing.  If you don't tell the guy to drop the gun and get down, he won't.  But if you do, he might.  

It tracks your shots and times them.  They play it back later and show where you shot, when, whether that was a disabling shot, ineffective, missed, inappropriate (given rules of engagement), miss, or if you hit a bystander or your partner.  It was really fun.  I did about six scenarios and was 6 for 6.  It was absolutely the most fun I've had in a video game and/or shooting environment.

This thing would allow you to walk up to the screen to fire point blank if appropriate, you could change out to other weapons like shotgun, MP5, other handguns, etc.  It was awesome.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Other games  |  Topic: LE tactical sim « previous next »
Jump to: