[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-24 23:49:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: My first map « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My first map  (Read 5871 times)
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
My first map
« on: 2002-04-30 08:27:57 »

the Sierra forums, which have a limited amount of space to dedicate to mapping.

Kind of dull for a first map.  Little more than a platform floating in space with Martin Brenner standing on it.

http://swat3.furrycat.net/pictures/firstmap.jpg

What's mildly interesting about this is I did it in 3D Studio MAX.You, sir, never cease to amaze me. Don_T_Caveman says: &
[Nataliia]
[furry acolyte]

View Profile Email
furry map
« Reply #1 on: 2002-04-30 10:37:31 »

amp;quot;Me want map with studio ma

The Bible teaches \"love thy neighbor\"; the Kama-Sutra explains how.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 2002-04-30 16:47:17 »

x, unga bunga."What are your proposed new tricks that will make this an
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 2002-04-30 20:05:02 »

other highly innovative and massivly insperational discovery?

I assume this means there may be lots of new mappaking abilities revealed now for the max heads.Pretty neato stuff Furrycat.

I tried taking
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 2002-05-01 01:15:05 »

a .map file from Worldcraft and importing it into 3D Studio Max but it did not seem to like the format.

As far as I recall the only other format that you can import into WC is .RMF and I don't think 3DSMax deals with it.

Me thinks the mad cat has been cooking up some stuff in his laboratory.
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 2002-05-01 14:27:59 »

get="_blank">http://swat3.furrycat.net/mapping/max.htmlYour curiosity has no bounds.Hey thats some cool stuff!
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 2002-05-01 21:57:23 »

But wouldnt that be the hard
[Anon]

Email
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 2002-05-01 23:28:58 »

way? guys i wanna propose a reunion in da game that made us a
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
Re: My first map
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-12 01:37:42 »

I don't know my recent attempts to import into worldcraft were mind blowing.

I was able to import the original missiona.scn into worldcraft. After looking around I quickly realized how much work it was going to take for worldcraft to be happy enough to allow me to export to a scn file again.

It was a very long trial and error, but once I got the hang of it, it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare the .map file for worldcraft to open.

I know its been a while since anyone has answered this post, I was looking around and figured I'd give my input.

CC
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-12 06:41:34 »

Unfortunately it looks like this thread was one of the ones which got mangled in the great database crash of <insert year, someone who remembers>.  Nonetheless getting maps back into Worldcraft is an impressive achievement.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-12 15:06:54 »

Thanks!  Grin

Something about .obj files Maya and WorldCraft doesn't like. The geometry contains triangular planes, not solid objects.

Anywho, here are the files for missiona. Inlcuded in this zip file is the .RFM, .map, .mb (maya) and the .obj files for missiona if anyone wants to tinker with them.

missiona.zip

CC

[the file "missiona.mb" is the original import, use the "missiona-Combine.mb" instead]
« Last Edit: 2010-05-12 15:20:28 by [CopyCat] » Logged
AlienAbducter
[furry friend]

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-12 17:11:56 »

Hey, it really is! How did you manage that?

I remember doing something that exported the .scn to .obj, i think, but I can't be sure about it. Any way, it was mostly messed up. I didn't think it could be used again in worldcraft.

Also, wow, old.

Arf Arf
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-13 15:51:04 »

Maybe we should start a new topic on this one, hate to keep adding info here on this thread.

Or maybe we can discuss it on TS.

I am currently working on exporting back out to SCN. There might be some settings we can tweek on the importer to keep the faces together, or maybe use Maya or 3ds Max to combine the faces into one Brush.

CC

[After about 15 minutes of work in Worldcraft on the imported missiona map, I have been able to export out back to SCN and run the map.]

« Last Edit: 2010-05-13 16:38:54 by [CopyCat] » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-13 18:10:30 »

Impressive stuff but for the record,  no interest in mapping.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-14 15:02:12 »

Hey, it really is! How did you manage that?

I remember doing something that exported the .scn to .obj, i think, but I can't be sure about it. Any way, it was mostly messed up. I didn't think it could be used again in worldcraft.

Also, wow, old.

AA you know how I did this.  Wink your just playing with me.  I used your scneditor and a few other programs. I think incorporating this "obj to map" file into your SCNeditor would add a good feature to the program, but it's written in java.

Did most of us here think the same way I did? that Swat3 uses Directx to draw geometry? I recently found in my attempts to convert the maps that the swat.exe is not a 8 nor 9 direct x program it uses an old GL driver on most computers to draw. Direct X was for Sound and Movies. Someone correct me if I don't undertand the difference between the 2.

Yesterdays MEOW!
I spent about 6 hours yesturday trying to figure out how to flip the geometry of the missiona map. The stair case is on the left in the original map, my exported map was on the right. I was trying to see if the exported could do it for me. NO GO!, so I remembered the filip objects thing in Worldcraft and SHAZZAM there it is, all normal. I also worked on the exporter to apply a basic texture to the majority of the geometry so when I open the .map file in WC it would be textured. I plan to work more on textures today; trying to figure out how to keep the texture names during exporting the .scn

CC
« Last Edit: 2010-05-14 16:55:52 by [CopyCat] » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: My first map « previous next »
Jump to: