[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-12-14 05:31:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: SWAT 4 issues « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWAT 4 issues  (Read 6039 times)
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
SWAT 4 issues
« on: 2005-04-11 01:34:58 »

Problems with SWAT 4:

1. Unauthorized use of deadly force: you can ONLY shoot someone if their weapon is pointed at you. When deployed IRL, if a suspect has a weapon pointed in ANY direction but STRAIGHT down, deadly force is authorized. (Note that SWAT snipers have almost unlimited discretion on taking down armed subjects in most hostage situations)

2. Problem inherent with problem 1 is that AI can seemingly snap the gun and fire in the same instant, compounded with:

3. Suspect shooting stutter. When suspect fires, game freezes for half a second, just long enough for player to get killed.

4. No LTL M4. Hard to get the suspects with gas masks to comply to pepperballs. Either LTL shotgun or pepperball.... riiiiight.

5. Snipers being controlled by players: kinda difficult to be sniping and assaulting at the same time, isn't it?

6. No trailers: problem being that every suspect in every INTENTIONALLY convoluted map can come behind you. I understand it might be a problem implementing, but stop saying "trailers enroute." Terribly unrealistic to NOT have trailers.

7. Persistent hostages. Okay... since you don't have trailers, the hostages have to stay. IRL, the trailers get the hostages out immediately. But since you don't have trailers, the hostages have to stay, since we're adhering to realism, right? Well NOT having trailers is inherently unrealistic in the FIRST place, so let's not kid ourselves.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
Re: SWAT 4 issues
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-11 17:47:46 »

8. Pepperball's classification as LTL allows players to shoot on sight without issuing compliance first.  Raven Shield + Paintball = SWAT4.
nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-11 18:28:39 »

9. Suspect/hostage spawns not random enough

"New Custard Could Cause Worldwide Flandemic"
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-12 03:57:28 »

Hmm, thought they were plenty random enough.

Pepperball gun = worse for game than TL-8?
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-12 05:04:38 »

I point you all to a situation that just occurred today in Orange County (California, not New York or Florida). Two suspects knocked off a liquor store, and upon exiting, were confronted by two police officers. Both officers were promptly shot, and the suspects fled. Orange County Sheriff's Department SWAT was called in to "bring order to chaos." When they found one of the guys, they shot him as soon as they felt threatened by the fact that he had a weapon.

Case closed. Fucking Sierra.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[Muff-Dvr]
[furry addict]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-12 12:58:26 »

So what you are all saying is that i should save my $$, at least till the 1st patch?
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-12 13:31:20 »

If you like, I think it's damn fun. Not perfect, but it doesn't suck.  Scores are kind of a side game anyhow,  since even SWAT3 marked you down unfairly at times.

So far, on a scale of RvS to SWAT3, I'd put this at about 75% of the way to SWAT3.

Changes I'd like to see, but may have to wait for modding to be enabled:

• Needs the old style commands back

• Names on the back of the officers instead of floating above them

• Suspects need to have a chance of going rogue again after they have surrendered, this permanant surrender thing is not fun and not realistic.

• Since trailers aren't there, at least bring back SWAT3's invisible magic trailers so the place isn't littered with cuffed suspects and sausages.

• Would prefer a little faster movement in "run" mode.

• Some better way to determine when a suspect's gun is up. SWAT3 had this problem but it is worse here, they go from gun down to shooting you in the face in 0.000001 seconds a little too often.

nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-12 15:16:02 »

Quote:

Orange County (California, not New York or Florida)

As in Califoorniiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a, here we coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomme?

"New Custard Could Cause Worldwide Flandemic"
Digger
[furry minion]

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-12 15:24:56 »

I keep losing my gun when using handsdown. sad

I mean, losing what gun I'm using.

and where are the batons - I've been in charge of a MP coy, and if there's one thing they use, it's bloody batons! (do they start bloody, or just finsih that way...)

me likey

Diggoddler likey

Digglet Mk2 not likey

seeing Diggoddler also liked FSW, I'm going with Digglet v2 on this one.

wifey not likey Digglets liking me likey wot they not likey

/me makes a note to stop talking to diggoddler and typing at same time.

ah well, last night in town, I'm is allowed to be [drunk]

"It chews through the ammo like a fat chick eating popcorn." - Stuka
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-12 15:50:24 »

Digger wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 12:24

ah well, last night in town, I'm is allowed to be [drunk]

Roffle Waffle
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-12 22:51:13 »

Lol, yup, [digger] is a [furry]

[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-04-13 13:20:50 »

.  The classic mode is close, but tabbing through the teams and having no teams in multiplayer is teh suck.  Also SWAT4 menu is too big, doesn't need that background.  Minor complaint, but if I can change it I will.

A reference as to what tactical item is where would be nice too.  But I suppose that I'll memorize the buttons in time, especially since they aren't much different than SWAT3. I'm having a hard time reading that post
[ L0wZ0ne ]
[wannabe]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2005-04-15 13:50:20 »

ommand system - ever noticed how relatively difficult it is to let your "team" know that you're "deploying gas, entering first and clearing left"?  smile

Also among the many gripes I have about the game in its first week are some pretty unforgivable ones:

- No designated EL role.

- No lightsticks.

- Unsecured suspects who won't re-arm the second you are out of sight.

- Lack of an auto kick function for idle players on dedicated servers.

Sometimes it even feels like the developers were once a bunch of DMers who played SWAT 3 for about 10 minutes, 5 years ago and have done their best to recreate the experience from memory alone.

Despite all this I may end up playing if only to get back with some old mates for a laugh or two. nod From my experience with the MP demo, if

[LZ]
[Luedog]
[furry veteran]

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: 2005-04-15 14:59:10 »

life, and freekin cool
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-04-15 16:13:28 »

his password FFS?  And furry, stop posting under Lue's name!!And to quote someone posting under the n
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: SWAT 4 issues « previous next »
Jump to: