[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-22 23:53:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: Furryclan Fans Of Swat 4? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Furryclan Fans Of Swat 4?  (Read 8804 times)
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
Furryclan Fans Of Swat 4?
« on: 2005-04-20 14:16:40 »

Swat 4 now that you have played it for a few weeks?

Is it just a game you will play for a short time or will it be a Swat 3/Opflash for you that will be around for a while?

Believe it or not I do visit your forums from time to time to see what games you are playing.  I don't want to inflate your egos but I have found you guys as a good barometer for games that I will also like.It's good.  One of the better games I've
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
Re: Furryclan Fans Of Swat 4?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-20 14:43:59 »

seen since we drifted away from Flashpoint.  But as you well know it is not quite up to scratch.  The bugs, lack of key SWAT3 features like red/blue and command hierarchy and missing SDK are somewhat annoying.

SWAT4 could be great.  It isn't great yet but it could be.I suspect it was genuinely complimentary
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-20 15:02:45 »

90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1">
Quote:

It isn't great yet but it could be.

Yes, total agreement.

The more you play it the more you notice it's shortcomings.  At first you are just so happy to be playing a new version of Swat but that only lasts so long.

I haven't updated or worked on my Swat 4 utilities in about 2 weeks because I want to see if the potential of the game will be realised.Ya, it was understood.  'Tis why I found
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-20 15:10:00 »

way to SWAT3, on a scale from RvS to SWAT3.  Sliding it closer to 50% as I go, but that's still much better than what I expected. It really wants to be good.  It tries so
[jimforthewin]
[furryclan] MOH
[furry postmaster]

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-20 16:37:20 »

ever so hard to be the new "SWAT3".  But it does fall short in a number of areas, most notably of which is the lack of a team structure.  You can make your own but putting the words RED or BLUE in your name and it colour codes your camera view.  But its still a long way from perfect.  Though a million times better than Raven Shield.agreed

Single player seem
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-20 18:31:42 »

s to suck, but the coops I did today were quite nice. It's not da shit, but it is not the crap I feared it might become either. Escpecially the community seems to be ok still. Dunno if its new kiddies or oldies but most of the peeps I played with today were ok and serious about the fun (interesting word constellation, eh?).

Anyway, it's the game I'll stick with until Stalker comes out and I do some more single player for 'bout 2 weeks.

It is definitelly the most interesting title atm for me.

4. be a goof-ball!!! LOL!!!!! ROFL!!!!!
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-22 06:39:28 »

After originally being excited about the game, I am still waiting for OpFlash2.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-22 17:45:03 »

Its as if they never played SWAT3 but someone told them about it and they made the game based on that.

"New Custard Could Cause Worldwide Flandemic"
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-22 19:33:50 »

When CKline did not know what a custom chat was and admitted he never really played Swat 3 my chin dropped to the floor.  Unbelievable.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-22 20:43:38 »

Ouch, that ain't good.
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-23 10:57:40 »

They provide a great base with the engine and all. Although the flashlights are very cool, I want brighter levels. Some Conventional Center style maps would be cool (mind that I mostly played only coop in SWAT4 the last few days and likely do not know all the maps). Looking forward to [Nat]'s work there.

If the community does not get decent modding tools and options. The game is still good but will miss alot of functions that will make it great. And I think that's what it will become if the modding works as planed.

In my opinion they've got the feeling right, but it still lacks necessary features.
nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: 2005-04-23 20:13:50 »

bastard thing saying it hadnt posted when it had.

nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: 2005-04-23 20:19:13 »

Quote:

When CKline did not know what a custom chat was and admitted he never really played Swat 3 my chin dropped to the floor. Unbelievable

Linky? I must have missed that. What I do rememer is them repeatedly saying that they did play it, which makes this all sound rather Blair-like.

Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-04-23 22:19:42 »

http://www.10-david.com/?p=news_item&id=807&bc=1& ;lp=0

In a convo making suggestions and fixes for Swat 4 I mentioned we needed Custom Chats.

Ckline

Custom chats

Could you please be more specific. I'm not sure what functionality you're requesting.

SlipperyJim

Swat 3 was obviously not a game you played. Sorry for sounding harsh but I am completely shocked you had to ask that question.

Ckline

And no, I never played online, but I played a little on the LAN. That was a long time ago though.

The rest of the team played a lot online; they're more hardcore than I am.
[Luedog]
[furry veteran]

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: 2005-04-23 22:31:57 »

that links not working
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: Furryclan Fans Of Swat 4? « previous next »
Jump to: