Do I need the Enigma machine to decode that?
Ah well, back to insulting Swat 4. It is amusing to see the developers completely gone from the forums considering the game is only out for 5 months. I remember Rod and company sticking around the Swat 3 forums for years and that game sold a lot less units.
According to 10David here are the features of the expansion pack:
- Compliant, but unsecured suspects can no longer be considered secured. They will have to be secured, as was the case in SWAT 3.
- The expansion pack promises to offer missions which will be tied together by a linked storyline (a suspect is on the run across multiple missions).
- Simultaneous commands to both the red and blue teams is possible.
- Co-op missions for 10 players will now be supported.
- The quick mission maker can create scenarios which can be used in co-op.
- Voice-issued commands now play a crucial role in both single-player and multiplayer manuevers.
- Suspects will now use blind supression fire.
- Evidence at a crime scene can be disposed of by suspects.
- A new multiplayer mode is planned which will feature "asymmetric" weapon distribution (think of Splinter Cell's multiplayer modes, perhaps?).
That definitely is just a patch IMHO. Remember the multiplayer patch we got with Swat 3? The big question is will people pay $50 for game and then an additional $30 (?) for these features?