[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-21 14:58:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: Swat 4 Expansion pack « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swat 4 Expansion pack  (Read 31555 times)
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
Re: Swat 4 Expansion pack
« Reply #15 on: 2005-09-01 02:26:33 »

yeah but it's a different set of monkeys manning the typewriters this time around.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-09-01 03:22:38 »

It was the best of times... it was the blurst of times.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-09-02 01:48:29 »

Quote:

Then again the multiplayer patch for SWAT3 was originally announced as an expansion pack.

Hmmm, I don't recall that but I could be wrong.  Didn't they advertise multi-player in the original print adverts but they didn't have it ready for shipping so they released it later?   Something to that affect.

I don't remember any debate about it being an expansion pack.   You sure you don't mean the 10 player patch being expansion?

[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: 2005-09-02 08:40:08 »

I was looking for changes in the command system and structure, don't see any currently. As for paying for it did you pay for S4 Jim?

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-09-02 23:29:53 »

LA*Witchkeeper*PD wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 05:40

As for paying for it did you pay for S4 Jim?

Well, I payed for my internet connection Wink

No I haven't bought a copy of the game yet because I am still playing "wait and see".  I am hoping some miracle mod maker will fix the game and make it worth buying and playing.

I may not have bought a copy of the game yet but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the direction of the game or the expansion pack.  I want a good Swat game just like the rest of you but I don't want to have to pay $80+ for it.

-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005-09-03 01:21:23 »

I bought it and still hate it.  He can have my cd.
[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: 2005-09-04 11:10:37 »

Well as you pirated it whether other people buy it is academic as far as you are concerned and, while you can have an opinion, your self righteous disgust at the game and objections to its contents are rather undermined by the fact you are playing it for nothing, with no intention of doing otherwise. Lotsof people are disappointed in the game, not least because they put their hand in their pocket for it.

[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005-09-04 12:23:31 »

Yip *me idiot* I should've entered the frenzy with the Elite Edition, like I did with SWAT3.

I've been modding SWAT4 more than playing it lately. And with the upcoming addon and the mass of changes needed I do not see a point in changing the code for the time being. It's not like you tweak this and that. It's more like rewriting the whole thing. And native code prevents you from doing alot of the important stuff.

It seems to be better to take the Quake3 engine and develope our own tactical game instead.

For me SWAT4 is dead at the moment.
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-09-04 20:09:35 »

LA*Witchkeeper*PD wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 08:10

while you can have an opinion, your self righteous disgust at the game and objections to its contents are rather undermined by the fact you are playing it for nothing, with no intention of doing otherwise.

Why are you moderator for a game you have not even bought yourself and don't believe in?  While you impose your self righteous views on people in the forums I have at least worked on a community fansite and also put many hours into making utilities for the game.  I payed my dues for the right of having an opinion.  All you have done is collect your free VUG games for your services.

As I said above I would gladly buy the game if it was equal to Swat 3.  However the game does not even come close to Swat 3's tactical gameplay yet.  I will buy the game when it deserves the money.  Until that time my money stays in my wallet.

However your motivation for your post is not about Swat 4 is it?

[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: 2005-09-05 10:27:13 »

I did buy the game before my other copy arrived actually and I have done nothing with that copy, but as usual try and turn the problem away from yourself onto others with some sneering remark about moderators not even of this forum.

As for not believing in the game, do keep your opinions on what I think of it to yourself - mine don't happen to be yours, shocking as you might find that. As for my motivations, again, they are not yours or yours to adjudicate on either. Express your own opinions, do not underwrite mine.

You shut your fansite and moan about expansions you will never pay for, for a game you have not paid for. Seems to me if you got S4 for free you have had as much value for your money as you can have reasonably expected.

nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: 2005-09-05 12:56:51 »

Oh get a room you two!

"New Custard Could Cause Worldwide Flandemic"
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: 2005-09-05 14:56:38 »

Well, well, well...  Not much changes in the world of SWAT.  

Believe it or not, my feelings were similar to Jim's.  I was disappointed with the way SWAT3 ended and shut down my fansite, as well.  At that time, I vowed not to put another dime into Vivendi's pocket.

My position softened somewhat as time went on and when the SWAT4 demo was released, I tried it with hope and anticipation.  It was not because I was a born-again fan of Vivendi, but because I truly missed the fun times had in SWAT3 and wished to renew that experience with the new game.  

But alas... it was not to be.  The demo sucked ass.  I did not buy the game, but neither did I "obtain" a copy elsewhere.  I waited and listened.  If I heard positive feedback from those whose opinions I trusted, I would buy the game.  But I didn't, so I didn't.  And now I'm glad that I didn't.  

I have to agree with Witchy.  Paying gives you a right to bitch and not paying gives you a right to nothing.  I bitched hard with SWAT3.  But I paid for it twice.  I originally bought the EE edition and later bought the tactical edition to get the extra tactics cd.  I won't bitch too much about this game because I didn't buy it.  But I haven't played it, so have no specific gripe.  I'm only generally disappointed that it didn't live up to expectation.  But then again, didn't we sort of expect that?

Bitching about this game is pointless regardless of price paid.  It isn't what we expected, isn't what it was advertised to be, and apparently isn't any good.  Game over.  Lesson learned.  Again.  Time to move on.  Again.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005-09-05 15:08:12 »

Lets all join hands and play some Hearts.
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005-09-05 15:38:42 »

-Dick wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 18:08

Lets all join hands and play some Hearts.

still waiting for [phoenix] to "fix" this post
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005-09-05 21:50:18 »

I would, but it's not easily altered with the changing of a word, or addition of a word.

You know I love you Witchy, but the indignation is misplaced.

This forum is for us to do what we will. This is the furryclan forums, and SJ is, unfortunately, merely repeating what we've already said, and expressing the same feelings we have. Shit, you AGREE with SJ, but you just don't like the fact that it's coming from him. We've ALL talked massive amounts of shit about this game, because it's crap. It didn't live up to the standards it had to, and no effort was made to listen to the community.

The dev team admitted to never having played SWAT 3!!! Come on! How the hell can you expect to make a decent sequel when you don't have any reference to the game your making a sequel of?

They fucked up the game. They let us all down. They took way too long to respond to ANY of the community.

I think I'm going to set my sig to "Still waiting for OFP2."

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  SWAT4  |  Topic: Swat 4 Expansion pack « previous next »
Jump to: