[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-22 17:36:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Red Storm rising  |  Topic: Raven Shield... resurrection!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield... resurrection!!  (Read 14392 times)
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
Re: Raven Shield... resurrection!!
« Reply #15 on: 2006-05-27 06:32:48 »

Yeah, I gave it a negative review CAUSE IT SUCKS. It's total Wii material.
[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: 2006-05-27 11:17:42 »

Proper computer game?  or an X-Cox/PlayWithYourself3 game?

I was reading a review of the changes they have now made to it to seperate it from the 360 version, removing the third person view, changing the orders and maps and adding more complexity which is welcome if nothing else.

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-05-27 18:31:12 »

Well there is a PC demo out, I believe. Why don't ya'll try it and let the rest of us know?

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: 2006-05-27 20:37:16 »

Why don't you just try it and see for yourself how much it sucks?
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-05-27 22:42:10 »

Because odds are my piece of shit video card can't handle it.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
nN
[furry sage]

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: 2006-05-27 23:53:51 »

I attempt to download the GRAW demo. Firefox crashes. I shrug and try again, but from a different website. It works! It takes 7 minutes because I am using my uni internet connection at 1 in the morning. I install the demo, and am pleasantly surprised at how quickly it goes. I hope the game will load with such urgency.

I am mistaken, as it takes 10 minutes to get to the main menu. I mess about with the options and end up not changing anything, which is unusual for me. I proceed to start a campaign game. Another 10 minutes pass and I am presented with a weapons selection tutorial at about 1 frame every 3 seconds. I skip it. 30 seconds later I am informed by an unnamed man, who I shall refer to as "Bill", that some of the weapon's stats may have changed since the last time. Thanks Bill! I look at the pretty guns. Ooh the M8, it is very shinies. A Big gun as well! That man has a really big one!

I click done and after yet another sluggish loading process the game finally starts. I'm in a helicopter flying over a city that, depite being about a million polygons, looks pants. I'll put it down to being in low detail. I am forced to go through a 10-minute introduction via tiny videos in the corner of the screen. The Canadian prime minister is dead! Oh noes! Something about Mexico- I can't really hear as the radio is on.

Eventually I reach a bit where it says press x to exit the helicopter. We're still moving quite quickly, and I'd rather wait until we stop, so I pause. Big mistake- now it's stopped saying it and I can press x all I like but nothing happens. One man slides out down the rope. I however, along with several other people, am stuck inside the helicopter. I press lots of buttons, but nothing works. Someone starts shooting at us. People are dying because I am stuck in a helicopter. I restart the level.

Remembering the time it takes to load, I open my physics textbook and do a bit of revision for my exam on thursday. Nuclear binding energy curve- did that last year. I go through the tutorial bit again, and I meet Bill. The weapons stats may have changed since last time. I doubt it Bill- it's not been that long! I start the level again, and am pleased to see that the 10-minute intro now is cut short to take only a minute. I press x in good time, and I hurl myself down the rope- how exciting! I fall through the roof of the building, and find myself stuck inside it, unable to break back out into the world of textures and enemies. I restart the level.

Third time lucky I think. I do a bit more physics. Ooh, nuclear medicine, my mum does that. I reach the part where I jump out of the helicopter, and wait a bit longer than last time, but not as long as the first. I jump out the side, and proceed to fall not only through the building but through the ground below, into the apparently hollow space underground. Fuck this shiTFUCK THIS SHIT THIS GAME IS A SICK JOKE

"New Custard Could Cause Worldwide Flandemic"
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006-05-28 00:43:08 »

Enjoyable read ole chap.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: 2006-05-28 00:56:13 »

Damn... my game actually worked properly with no bugs and I *still* thought it sucked.
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

159004537 allan_v@isnbroadband.net DoubleTapABN DoubleTap_ABN
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2006-05-28 01:26:10 »

I also recall a bad review of GR the original and then we all played it and then played more, got Desert Siege Exp, played more, I mad a Uni Mod and some Weapon Mods and we played more, Jungle Exp came out and well we played again, then it ended as quickly as it began.
Grunt
[wannabe]

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: 2006-05-28 09:05:57 »

I basicaly had the same problem as nN when I played the game on my laptop. I had to play it with the settings on low and a just got stuck inside a building.
Had to do with timing maybe.

Then I installed the game on my PC which could handle it with all settings on medium as the high option is missing unless you get yourself a 512mb gfx card.
I decided to play some coop with a few BBE members as they told me it ruled.

so we walk into some sort of vally and as I had to cary the lame ass slow ass sniper rifle, I get orders to shoot two dudes in the far end of the vally.
I shoot one dude, he goes down. his friend is both deaf and blind so he walks on and gets it too.

Then we get to a re-arm point, ignoring the orders of my teamleader I get rid of the lame ass slow ass sniper rifle and get me an M8. I quickly learn not to fire at full auto in this game as the GHOST's must not be used to these weapons. so singleshot it is.

I see one dude walking by, I shoot him.. somewhere, he falls down, good for him. I was wrong, he gets up again and runs away. no limping, no bleeding, no nothing, he's as good as new. Time to throw a grenade or two. those kill him for sure. he's not getting up anymore.

going on like this for a while we get near this bunker in late pre-historic cave style and we decide to go in. I see my leader a few meters behind me walking into a truck. keeps walking and walking while he's blocked by that truck. sooo.. I ask him what the crap he's doing on teamspeak and he tells me he's already inside the cave. Well, on my screen he's humping a truck.

I decide to go in on my own, it's dark in there so I put on NVG's that make things real blurry.. I step into this room, all swat like and I see 3 gooks or whatever we were fighting so I start shooting like crazy in semi auto mode, and all of a sudden my team leader appears right in front of my muzzle. he ends up team killed. At first I hoped he'd get up and run away undamaged like the AI but nope, he's dead.

Thinking I'd have to finish the map on my own I was wrong. whenever the teamleader dies, it's game over.
If you take AI with you and don't want him to get all your kills, screw up or walk inside your line of fire and think you're smart to let him stay at the start of the map, you're stuparded because whenever someone is like 50 meters away from the leader he dies as it's considered desertion... awesome.. not..

It was back to Tiger Woods 2006 for us.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-28 09:12:23 by Grunt » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006-05-28 11:17:13 »

Sounds like fully optimized net code.   :Smiley
[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: 2006-05-28 21:21:36 »

Oh well lol.

I might try it when I get my new PC, for amusement if nothing else.

[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-05-29 02:06:25 »

Wanna get an extra vid card for me? AGP.

[Witchkeeper]
[furry adept]

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: 2006-05-29 20:02:32 »

AGP? I have one now but its so old now its starting to attract the attention of archaeologists.

[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-05-29 20:44:13 »

My MX440 wants to know who the fuck you're calling old. (It's getting hard of hearing)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Red Storm rising  |  Topic: Raven Shield... resurrection!! « previous next »
Jump to: