[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-23 16:12:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Sci-Fi  |  Topic: MXO « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MXO  (Read 3708 times)
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

159004537 allan_v@isnbroadband.net DoubleTapABN DoubleTap_ABN
View Profile WWW Email
MXO
« on: 2006-11-04 18:48:01 »

Been playing some MXO with Northy and his beloved and was wondering if anyone else would like to join in on the bullet time fun, or if you already are in cool were on the Syntax server.
[jimforthewin]
[furryclan] MOH
[furry postmaster]

Jim

View Profile
Re: MXO
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-05 07:59:51 »

Don and I played MXO (Matrix Online) for a while when it first came out but stopped due to the repetative nature of the game.  Has it improved at all?
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-06 07:23:15 »

I recently "saw" Matrix3 on TV, but switched channels because it was sooo boring and cheap. Matrix all the way. 2-3 suck baaad.
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-06 12:07:06 »

Northy is better to answer that since hes played longer. I like the Combat and skill trees. Some missions are fun, Northy and myself had a mission to rebuild the Albino Dread Twins from the movies, but the mission got bugged when we finished it so yea that sucked other than that its pretty fun and we met "The Frenchman". We are Merovingian. Also I'm the Two.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-11-06 14:04:46 »

I think MXO was repetitive compared to what we were used to in SWG at the time.  Sure there was nothing more monotonous than Jedi grinding but that hadnt' started up yet for most of us and there was always a crapload of other stuff to do.

Fast forward to today, some of us endured the (somewhat easier but still horrid) Jedi grind and got used to shallower games like City Of..., so MXO is probably a bit more palatable nowadays in that regard. 

My reservations about it though are A) it's SOE and they certainly suck shit like no game company has sucked shit before B) gloomy dirty cities are the primary setting, gets a little depressing C) Would be bummed if you still had to wear whatever loot is best for your given class.

Not sure I could overcome point A, point B is no big deal, point C, dunno, I know it's a minor point, but I just remember being a virologist and instantly being able to spot another because we had the same purple trenchcoat and same funky eyepiece.  Not much point in customizing your toon when you gotta wear the uniform eventually.

Agreed on the combat and skill system.  Good combat (at least the pre-SOE version, don't know about now) and possibly the best skill system in an MMO ever.
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-06 17:41:37 »

C) Would be bummed if you still had to wear whatever loot is best for your given class.

point C, dunno, I know it's a minor point, but I just remember being a virologist and instantly being able to spot another because we had the same purple trenchcoat and same funky eyepiece.  Not much point in customizing your toon when you gotta wear the uniform eventually.

The wardrobe so far seems diverse. The way it is now (dont know if its any different from before), you loot anything that boosts your attributes, you can also buy it from the marketplace. I dont think its class specific the look I mean, I'm sure since I'm melee, all melee toons look for melee def and dmg or whatever. What I mean is I dont think the buffs for garments is specific to that garment, I believe you can find the same sneakers or coat I have but it benefits you in a different way say ballistics def to my melee def, or if you were also melee you can probably find the same buffs on a totally different coat or sneakers from what I have. As for the SOE thing I got over it, of course I didnt have as much time as most of you at the game it still pissed me off, I dont really care about the company behind the game if the game is fun play it or try it, and your B) its still gloomy but you can take medication for that now so you wont be depressed anymore, besides we have our own crew, Da Pistol Clan!!!!!
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-11-06 23:42:09 »

Funny... I thought we were furryclan...

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2006-11-07 12:40:03 »

Amusing.......I guess you weren't around....
[jimforthewin]
[furryclan] MOH
[furry postmaster]

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-06-05 09:37:26 »

I'm trying to get back into it.  Except my account is borked and wont let me in.  I've got a small army of SOE gophers working so I can get access again.
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2007-06-05 19:25:23 »

We no play this anymore......I guess we should update thread with this kind of information. On SWG though if you like =).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Sci-Fi  |  Topic: MXO « previous next »
Jump to: