[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-21 12:55:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress  (Read 29153 times)
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
Re: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress
« Reply #105 on: 2010-06-15 10:14:41 »

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!

I'm going to look that up, Is that really what happened?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbvKhdVGOoo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbvKhdVGOoo</a>

[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010-06-15 12:22:59 »

Was that Alfa Group that did the gassing?   Some hardcore fuckers there.

from the wiki:

In October 1985, Alfa was dispatched to Beirut, Lebanon, when four Soviet diplomats had been taken hostage by a Sunni militant group. By the time Alfa was onsite, one of the hostages had already been killed. The perpetrators and their relatives were identified by supporting KGB operatives, and the relatives were taken hostage. Following the standard policy of 'no negotiation', Alfa proceeded to sever some of their hostages' body parts and sent them to the perpetrators with a warning that more would follow if the Russian hostages were not released immediately. The tactic was a success and no other Russian national was taken hostage in the Middle East for the next 20 years...

The story goes that the body parts in question were, or at least included, genitals.   Alfa Tang Clan ain't nuttin' to fuck with.
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

159004537 allan_v@isnbroadband.net DoubleTapABN DoubleTap_ABN
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: 2010-06-15 12:25:34 »

Deadly force must be applied. I fire my weapon, and I am aiming at his chest or head, depending on how many of my team is in the same room. On the other hand in a real life situation there are many factors that come into play, Facial Expressions, body language, basically, known behavior of the suspect  that we have been briefed on before contact. Also, shooting a leg will in close combat, trigger an outburst of gun fire, who knows who shot what, I hear gunfire, I am not going to clarify where the gunfire was from, I am going to kill and ask questions later.

Since this is a nice debate on real world tactics, kind of....

#1: 100% of the time you aim for center mass (chest). Everyone trains this way, which means more than likely you will already have your weapon leveled to this location. going for the head will require you to aim your weapon higher and shoot an even smaller target. This will give the enemy time to fire off a round, either hitting you or a buddy. This will also increase the chances of you missing because you are presented with a smaller target.

While head shots look like a kill all, they are not, in the real world you will most likely miss the medulla oblongata, this is what Snipers aim for, this will eliminate involuntary muscle movement, which eliminates weapon discharge. So for going for the head you are wasting valuable time, that you can use to "Double Tap" the chest, or in my case....half a clip (those fuckers don't go down easy when they are on pure opium and adrenaline boosters).

#2: See #1

[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010-06-15 14:18:43 »

So for going for the head you are wasting valuable time, that you can use to "Double Tap" the chest, or in my case....half a clip.

Clip? So you're using a Garand now?

And really... why use 2 bullets when you can use 15? *nods*

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010-06-15 15:15:37 »

Clip, LOL.  

From what I've heard, 15 because 2 didn't stop him.  If faced with a drugged out rabid zombie "freedom fighter" I'd think 15 would be showing restraint.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: 2010-06-15 15:31:21 »

It's 2 in the CHest and 1 in the head, is what I rememba.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-06-15 23:32:23 »

It's 2 in the CHest and 1 in the head, is what I rememba.

That is the perfect range drill. If you do it right, they're going down from the two to the chest, so getting that last one into their face may be a tad difficult.

But as DT said (and he's the expert, having been there and done that... I'm only a very very very very distant second or third due to study and tutelage) the rule in tactical situations is ALWAYS center mass. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule (body armor causing rounds to be ineffective, bad guy behind cover, etc)... but the rule stands. Aiming for the head is a good way to send bullets where you don't intend on them going, and as DT said, you run the risk of triggering involuntary muscle movement that causes a bad guy to spray bullets everywhere as he goes down. 1 errant round can ruin your whole day.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
AkaiSora
[noob]

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010-06-16 03:51:27 »

*gets the peashooter and unloads a bag of frozen peas into the perp...*

i cant play during the weekdays due to work... will get swat3 reinstalled on friday, so i can play on sat. wat are the mods u guys use?
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: 2010-06-16 05:07:58 »

I used the "format hard drive" mod several years ago and that's the last one I've needed since.
Zero
[furry friend]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: 2010-06-16 12:57:22 »

I used the "format hard drive" mod several years ago and that's the last one I've needed since.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously though. We rock at SWAT, maybe we should reinstall...

Zero.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-06-16 13:38:12 »

Seriously though. We rock at SWAT, maybe we should reinstall...

I'm pretty sure that half of [us] don't even have our CDs anymore. And if we DID load it up, it'd probably not be as awesome as we remember it being considering technological progress from that point.

Now if they re-made and updated SWAT 3, that'd be fucking awesome. You know... basically if they made a SWAT 4 that didn't blow.

Zero
[furry friend]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: 2010-06-16 16:36:02 »

Isn't this last resort thing any good as an updated SWAT 3 then?

Zero.
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: 2010-06-16 18:11:47 »

the problem with swat 3 is nothing has ever replaced it... a new game would have to be built from scratch with the goal being to create a true sequel. in the era of consoles, not likely
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: 2010-06-17 03:49:18 »

This is what you are going to need.

1. Install Swat 3
2. Install the Last Resort Mod
3. Download some MODS and some MISSIONS
4. Get EasyVPN, create a user account, sign in and Join the "swat3" EasyVPN Network, password is "lastresort'

If you guys are thinking about playing Swat 3 again.

« Last Edit: 2010-06-18 17:25:39 by Cpy-Ct » Logged
Zero
[furry friend]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: 2010-06-17 14:40:47 »

Installed it and had a go solo. Was like stepping back in time. Didnt remember the AI officers being such retards though but I guess I didnt do much single player action anyways.

Graphics look crap still even in high res  and it does need rebuilding entirely imho but I will prob have a few multiplayer games...

Zero.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress « previous next »
Jump to: