[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-21 00:20:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress  (Read 28660 times)
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
Re: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress
« Reply #15 on: 2008-04-08 21:46:49 »

almost spewed my redbull.   Grin
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: 2008-04-08 22:54:24 »

I'll give it to you. It was funny.  Elle-Oh-Elle.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2008-04-09 09:16:55 »

i will only be a part of this if i can have the monkey gun and chicken canon...
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-04-09 12:12:36 »

There you go... Link
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-04-09 15:05:17 »

What are the plans for suspect and hostage upgrades?   Texture or texture and model ala BBE mod?

At this point no plans but I think Grunt has a soft spot for making higher poly models.   I know he was messing around with a new Martin Brenner model but I think the low res original texture was depressing him.   He says the BBE models use about the same amount of polygons compared to the original motorcycle helmet guys (I always assumed they used a lot more polygons).  He was talking about making better officer skins with higher polygons.

The initial plan is to just use the BBE real element skins simply because they look a lot better than the originals and they are already done.   Getting a beta version of the mod out for the public to see and test might help us get more recruits to make the mod.   We want to make baby steps and release them frequently instead of waiting until the very end (for fear of people getting bored of the project and it dying).

In all honesty, I can't imagine allocating any kind of consistent time for something like this but I can't say it isn't totally unappealing.

I think the best thing to motivate people to help is for us to just say "what do you want to work on".  For instance if someone has a favorite mission that they would love to work on then that is how they can help us out.   For instance I have a soft spot for the chat lobbies (ie the No Banners Utility) so right now all I am working on is making a 1024x768 menu system.

Don, just your feedback is even valuable to us.   We are all (former) fans of Swat 3 so it would be nice to get opinions or suggestions.    If people don't have the time or the motivation then they still can help us by beta testing it when the mod is finally released.

To be honest what appeals to me most about working on this is just to get back to old Swat 3 style mod making.   It was simple and yet creative.  I have been having a lot of fun getting back into it.

No idea what happened to my old Studio Max/Character Studio discs but I do remember having problems running it on Win2k, so I assume I'd have similar issues with XP. 

I seem to recall getting it to run on XP.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-09 15:24:01 by Slippery Jim » Logged
[_Enforcer_]
[furry initiate]

117669621 Z_axis99@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: 2008-04-09 18:39:10 »

I'm feeling a need for visable arms and weapons. Going back to having nothing but a dot is a tad strange now. I seem to recall seeing it in a mod at one point or another, which is a problem with going back to this old gem. Trying to remember what was accomplished the first time and worth including will take some time.

I hope to see more than just higher res menus and textures and replacement characters and weapons. Adding new functions and features is a must to me, could definately use more tacaids with a give:take type setup to keep numbers reasonable. Breakable windows and mirrors throughout all the maps, with a lowered shot count vs the old breakables, also the ability to throw through them or bust via tool then throw. The list goes on of things it needs but more than likely can't have without source.

----------------------
ASUS P4B533
P4 2.4ghz Single Core(o/c 3.0ghz)
2GB G.Skill DDR400(u/c 34mhz)
ATi Radeon 3850HD 512mb 256bit GDDR3

Re-built the Rig. W00t!
AlienAbducter
[furry friend]

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-04-09 18:46:30 »

Breakable windows and mirrors throughout all the maps

I accept the challenge, sir!

Arf Arf
[_Enforcer_]
[furry initiate]

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: 2008-04-09 18:52:22 »

Sweet, I still have my half finished map that now has two houses built in it with breakables throughout I've been lookin at for a few hours now. I never looked into making them break faster or more realistic than the samples someone sent me, but I think it could be done. I dunno about getting a throwable to go through them though but it would be nice.

Am I crazy to think that more tactical aids can be added to the list of 3 current ones? I spent a few minutes trying to add one but it never showed up. I rushed through it just to see so I may have missed a key file.  Huh

----------------------
ASUS P4B533

Re-built the Rig. W00t!
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-04-09 20:19:44 »

I accept the challenge, sir!

That would indeed be very nice especially if AA can figure out a painless way to add them to all the maps.

Right now the only way I can think of is use Furry's SCN hacker tool to add entities since we don't have the .RMF files.

Hacking all the .scn files is boring as nails.  I tried to do it with the Night Vision mod and got soooo freaking bored.  It was like doing your taxes every day.

Sorry Furry for all these posts.   Will try to hurry Grunt to set up the new forum.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-09 20:21:51 by Slippery Jim » Logged
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008-04-10 01:46:41 »

If Grunt does not have time or is involved in something else I can contribute to the cause via a forum, webspace and a simple site for information to be posted.

Somebody just say hay, and tell me what URL to use.  If any old ones can be re-used, or we can buy something.

How about SWAT3revisited.com or something?
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008-04-10 02:22:42 »

Wow, it was a very generous offer -Dick but Grunt just beat you to it.  Thanks though man.

http://www.bbe-squad.nl/hires_swat3/

That is the temporary URL anyways.   Once we actually decide what name to use we might register a domain name.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008-04-10 02:46:58 »

I have emailed him. 

This is one of the ways I can contribute big time and take some of the burden off him to mod more instead of dealing with a site.

*shrugs*

I want to be involved, but my modding skills were pretty much limited to reading everybody's tutorials....so I am useless.  Not to mention I roll a Mac and I might be running Swat in a Window.    yeeesh.
[_Enforcer_]
[furry initiate]

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: 2008-04-10 03:05:45 »

I made two accounts. On purpose.

No really..

Wait, I lie. I had a typo on the name and didn't want to wait to have you or another mod fix it. You'll see the one to delete. Thanks bunches.

----------------------
ASUS P4B533

Re-built the Rig. W00t!
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

159004537 allan_v@isnbroadband.net DoubleTapABN DoubleTap_ABN
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2008-04-10 13:15:14 »

Taking Computer animation, I may be able to contribute down the line with models mostly on maya though also textures in PS.
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008-04-10 13:25:40 »

Thanks for the offers of help -Dick and Doubletap.

-Dick we could use a small basic website but at this point we still haven't agreed upon a name for this mod, lol.   Probably the best thing to do is a Wordpress kind of site so that several people can easily post news?  Doubletap anyone with photoshop and 3D modeling skills is an asset.  Personally I never forced myself to learn Maya or 3DS so I can't help in that area.

This mod has the potential to involve a lot of people because of the massive amount of textures and models in the game that need to be upgraded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 Upgrade in progress « previous next »
Jump to: