[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-12-11 19:45:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Multi-Player Hamachi Servers for Swat 3 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi-Player Hamachi Servers for Swat 3  (Read 17059 times)
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
Re: Multi-Player Hamachi Servers for Swat 3
« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-03 15:59:31 »

Finally going to see Star Trek tonight so doubtful I'll be by.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-03 16:16:06 »

Im sorry 7:00PM CST

Its an All day event. FurryCat feel free to drop by; this reunion is for everybody not just for forum and Dazed and Confused Gaming Network members.

Would like to see you there, but if you can't I understand. I will have some time to configure hamachi with you in a bit.

F. Garay
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-03 17:04:17 »

here is the video of the TREE swaying

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-E25zxeog" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-E25zxeog</a>
« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 17:18:19 by CopyCat » Logged
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009-06-03 17:14:47 »

and here is the blank box where I dont see anything.

Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: 2009-06-03 17:32:04 »

I can make it sway more. A recent comment was to record it from a distance, but I wanted to give the upclose shot of it first. The problem I am having with these animations is

1. I have to modify the BF1_Down_F animation to get this to work. I want to create a new CHAR_MODEL called PT1 for these plants. No success.
2. The trees bleed because of the Char_Model. This was the thinking process. If the tree has a life of 100% than the tree will animate as if some sort of ENT from Lord of the Rings. I thought was kewl but not what I was looking for. Also if I just add the attribute that the tree stands still and doesnt move, you can move the tree as you would another character. In addition the tree can be shot and thus the "Die" animation is played. So to get this to work for now I downed the plant using 10% life and use that animation Bf1_Down_F, mod it,  and allow for it to just sway.
3. The tree moans, as if it was in pain and downed.

An option was to attach the skin to the KID skeleton, since they cannot be killed and really don't do much but fidget, and they dont bleed. There are two problems.
   1. They will talk as if it was the kid saying "BOO HOO"
   2. we dont have the GSM importer or the skeleton rig, to import into Maya 6.0, maybe furrycat can provide me with the skeleton to test.

So the only other way is to create a new char_model called PT1 so we can refer to it in the plant name for anmiations and dialog(Wind, Restling leaves) for example
PT1_FIG_TRE.gsm . I was hoping that FurryCat would know somthing about how to do this, since I am unable to get it to work.  
I have created the folder for the swatdata.res file called PT1 with anmiations. and also the PT1_FIG_TRE floder with the GSM's and skin, I have also added the tree in the characters.dat and also the skins.dat file, with no luck.

Copy-Cat

« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 17:43:32 by CopyCat » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-06-03 17:56:01 »

He may have figured something out since then, but years ago Alien Abductor took on the challenge of adding a new skeleton type to the game.   We both worked on it for a few weeks and could never get the game to acknowledge the new type even after editing every relevant .dat.  New classes of skeleton *seemed* to be hard coded. 

This inability to add a new skeleton class is one of the reasons I never finished the Alien/Predator mod.  And the reason why the Marvin the Martian mod had him in a flying saucer instead of a little guy on the ground like I had wanted him to be.  The Marvin in the mod is essentially and invisible man wearing a flying saucer around his torso instead of any new kind of skeleton/animation class.

[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2009-06-03 17:58:28 »

I never managed to make a new skeleton class.  Several people have tried without success.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: 2009-06-03 18:03:12 »

Allow me to send what I have or at least upload it to website for you guys to download and try. If you guys are interested.  The model is simple and coding should be a breeze. The GSA matches the GSM being that it is both for Bf1. At least throw out some Ideas as to what could be the problem, to keep me busy for a few days.

CopyCat
« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 18:04:52 by CopyCat » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-03 18:04:45 »

For cleanliness sake, let's continue the discussion here.
Asakura
[noob]

ニャー~♪

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-08-17 11:22:14 »

Hello, it is nice to meet everyone.  Smiley

Thanks to Google, I was able to find your website and your forums. Me and a friend of mine have been trying to play SWAT3 with Hamachi over the last three days, but it wouldn't work. Noone saw each other's game in the LAN multiplayer game list. The Hamachi connection was established and pings reached, so I wonder what went wrong?

I admit my friend used an "internet copy" in order to play with me, while I own the original game. Could that be the problem? Can it be a problem if his game version has a different language than mine?

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this, since I have played SWAT3 for a long time when it was a rather new game, and now I want to go "back to the roots" enjoying multiplayer coop with my friends.

Thank you in advance for your help and reply.

[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: 2010-08-17 15:05:12 »

Try this, but in my experience it's pretty hit-or-miss:
http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming_over_Hamachi

Also, I haven't actually used anything else, but you might try other similar programs like GameRanger.
Asakura
[noob]

ニャー~♪

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-08-17 15:30:15 »

Since you offer Hamachi servers for SWAT3 games, I guess Hamachi does work. The problem might be that "internet copy" or problems with patching. My friend already checked the link you offered, Northstar, and did some adjustments, but as I said, Hamachi connection ist stable, and we can ping each other successfully.

I will invite him to one of your Hamachi networks and try to play with him again. If it fails, it'll be most likely his copy I guess.

Thank you for your help so far. Smiley

[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: 2010-08-17 15:40:40 »

I've had Hamachi fail for games all the time, even when I can successfully ping/chat with the person. Hamachi used to work great for me on tons of games but for some reason ever since it became "LogMeIn Hamachi" it hardly works at all. Might be more Windows' fault than the app itself.
Asakura
[noob]

ニャー~♪

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-08-17 16:10:27 »

I see. I was warned by my friend that the new Hamachi does worse, but since I had the new version already and it worked on other games as well, I thought he is wrong. Would be great if the new Hamachi is the actual problem instead of SWAT3 itself. >.<

EDIT: We just tried playing together using the old Hamachi version, but we still were unable to see each others' game in the game list.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-17 16:47:16 by Asakura » Logged

bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: 2010-08-17 21:56:02 »

we play swat 3 using vpn software and it works perfectly, way better than WON ever did and we don't use hamachi. swat 3 games are on our network every night with an average of 5 players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Multi-Player Hamachi Servers for Swat 3 « previous next »
Jump to: