[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-22 19:27:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Superhero  |  Topic: Champions: Auto-target what's in front of you using a reticle « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champions: Auto-target what's in front of you using a reticle  (Read 1410 times)
[moab]
[furry familiar]

View Profile Email
Champions: Auto-target what's in front of you using a reticle
« on: 2009-09-07 14:34:49 »

Found this thread on the official forums that shows you how to setup targeting to be more fluid.  Not really like an FPS as the thread headline states, but definitely less clunky than the normal MMO setup.  Basically you get a reticle, and anything in front of said reticle is automatically targeted.  It takes a few minutes of getting used to, but my testing so far indicates that this is much more fluid, and fun way to play.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=48613

I also took my energy-builder power and bound it to my left mouse "hold" button.  This way, for my melee toon, i can just hold down left mouse while I dance around the enemy and it will attack whoever happens to be in front of me.  Much much much better than the standard setup of targeting, then clicking, then hoping you don't lose your target.  I expect it should work very well for a ranged energy builder as well.  Edit:  Found a problem with this.  In order to use left click for this, you need to use Control Scheme: Mmo Controls, Key Bind Set:  Like Super Hero Games.  Otherwise left click='free look' which messes up the camera angle and screws up movement.  In 'Like Super Hero Games' mode, the middle mouse button gives you free look, which is what i'm used to from cox.  You can avoid this problem by using something other than left mouse click for your energy builder.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 15:32:00 by [moab] » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Superhero  |  Topic: Champions: Auto-target what's in front of you using a reticle « previous next »
Jump to: