[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-23 16:08:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Steam  |  Left 4 Dead  |  Topic: To Kill a Tank? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: To Kill a Tank?  (Read 2611 times)
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
To Kill a Tank?
« on: 2009-12-30 21:07:37 »

[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
Re: To Kill a Tank?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-30 23:07:53 »

I know Northy disagrees with me on this but I think that - on Expert at least - the changed tank AI in L4D2 makes the tank a much easier proposition than in L4D.

In L4D the tank will incap you and then give you the one or two hits required to kill you.  If you are incapped by the tank in L4D you are dead, plain and simple.  It's common for a tank encounter to end with only one or two players standing and that's bad news when the inevitable specials come.

In L4D2 the tank will incap you then switch his attention to another player.  This gives the team a chance to revive you if the guy with the aggro simply runs and dodges.  My experience with tanks in L4D2 is that either everyone is incapped or everyone survives.

Northy will tell you that leaving people incapped to concentrate on the rest of the survivors is the correct tactic in Versus.  It is.  He will also tell you that a tank wailing on incapped survivors leaves himself open to melee attacks from the rest of the team.  He does.  But Versus is played on Normal difficulty.  It takes several hits to kill a downed survivor on Normal, so the tank is indeed vulnerable.  On Expert he can make short work of incapped players and in L4D he frequently does.

By making the tank "smarter" for Normal and Versus the devs have, I still believe, made him significantly less challenging on Expert.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-31 03:03:41 »

Don't forget the heat-seeking rocks he now throws as well. They seem to fly a lot faster, at least. That makes avoiding him much more difficult. The combination of the AI and the fast rocks is quite lethal. But thanks to LB's handy chart, I'll be sure to go after him with the baton and all will be well.
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-31 04:42:15 »

You'll never get ten hits on him without getting killed.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-31 04:57:43 »

It was sarcasm...
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-31 15:03:41 »

That makes sense. You hit it with a baton a few times, and that'll kill it. But you have to hit it directly with 8 grenades before it'll die. WTF

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Steam  |  Left 4 Dead  |  Topic: To Kill a Tank? « previous next »
Jump to: