[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-19 17:54:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Island_Estate For Swat3 Public Beta Release. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Island_Estate For Swat3 Public Beta Release.  (Read 3479 times)
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
Island_Estate For Swat3 Public Beta Release.
« on: 2010-04-08 20:51:43 »

This is version .1  of the Rainbow Six Ravenshield Map for Swat 3 "Island Estate" Still in beta but for the public to test.

This link will expire on April 10, 2010 11:00PM CST.

If you would like to leave your comments, suggestions, bug fixes, and improvements here, please do so, or you can send them to my email inside the readme.txt file.

Thanks to [furrycat] for allowing me to post my progress here on furryclan.net. I plan on making more exciting maps bringing the swat3 community back together again.

I would also like to take the opportunity to offer my expertise to anyone who has ever started a map and not finished it (Graveyards  Wink and what-nots) or to anyone needed that extra something in their map. (3d object imports or static meshes).

This link will expire on April 10, 2010 11:00PM CST.

Island_Estate.zip

CC

« Last Edit: 2010-04-08 20:54:43 by CopyCat » Logged
Darker
[noob]

View Profile
Re: Island_Estate For Swat3 Public Beta Release.
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-11 22:37:18 »

Hi,

I have looked at your map and made ingame pictures of "faults" "problems" When you read on I want you to know that:

1) My english aint that good
2) I post some suggestions, I dont force you to replace the things that I notice you about.
3) Iam a real nutpicking guy who is a perfectionist and a realist and you MAYBE are not going to like what Im going to mention.
4) Its all a friendly sign to you. Im not slating your map or anything (negative) else.

First of all a good job on creating this map, its huge, and someone is in to creating things for swat 3 again Smiley
But there's also a downside at the story. When walking into your house with a glass of Don Perignon and an gun, It was like coming into the house of lara croft (with the scary butler Wink)
The estate doesn't feel like a house. Its empty with some furniture in it. I dont have a real "house-feeling" when coming with the swatteam and search the place.
Also it laggs, sometimes really bad Sad (as seen on the pictures Im gonna hand over to you) So I suggest you to make further maps a lot smaller and with more furniture so it is a realistic map.

http://rapidshare.com/files/374811813/Island_screens.rar.html

I hope you like that someone took some time to look at youre map.

Darker

Picture
1 and 2: Walls do not properly match

3: Make these windows so that you cant walk right through them and fall on the ground below

4: Thats a strange light in the sky, what is it?

5: Missing texture

6: Where's the poolgate to enter the pool?

7: Woa! Thats an ugly roof. Have you ever seen a roof like that? Only a thick layer on the building? A square roof.

8: Because your map is so huge it is causing a lot of lagg and causing this (taken outside) to happen. Your map is becoming invisible!

9: This is also a bug I guess? Note the missing texture in the background.

10: Don't need to explain this. Also see the balustrade.

11: Wooden bullet holes in a stone wall?

12: Textures do not properly match

13: Missing texture close-up. Also see the strange lightsource.

14: Thick roof again.

15: The banisters do not properly fit/match

16: Why dont you let the banister go up all the way or keep the balustrade on the upper level as the one that is going up?
Also see the different color in the banisters.

17: Different textures used and the banisters/balustrade fits strangely in the ground?

18: Why is there a raised concrete floor?

19: This gap can be closed (you closed it on picture 52)

20: Different and wrong textures used.

21: The texture does not properly match with the other ones

22: Strange/wrong textures used

23: Why is there light coming from the sides of the wall where the wall and floor meet?

24: The door on the left has a little floor underneath it so it doesn't fit the ground properly, the door on the right goes all the way to the bottem and
connects directly on to the floor without seeying the texture of the floor behind the door.

25: Dude have you ever checked out my new WOODEN tv screen?

26: What about my sideboard that is made out of glass instead of wood? Wink

27: Different textures used here on both models

28: Where's my light shadow?

29: Here I do have a light shadow!

30: Close-up of problem discribed at picture 27

31: We have seen wooden speakers but not they dont have wooden bullet holes? but the stand is also made
from wood?

32: Have you ever seen an iron paiting that looks like a wooden one? I haven't

33: Or have you seen a couch that sits like a real couch but when you shoot it is is made from wood?

34: Where's my mirror?

35: Texture isn't right, and why dont you replace the screen for a glass one that you can open and close?

36: What's this, a metal plate or something?

37: Nice skybox, whats with the square roof?

38: Roof again and not matching/wrong used textures. Whats the gray layer on the upper left?

39: Texture problem again

40: Texture problem again

41: Compare left and right, and than you'll see it.

42: Hey thats strange, two different textures? Why dont you use one? And also a texutre matching problem.

43: Texture isn't good

44: Damn its gonna be really dark in here without a light bulb. It aint the time before Zorro! Also see the texture on the right.

45: Have you ever bought a desk with a chair fitted on it? I haven't

46: You sure gonna need some cash if you have to replace your whole furniture when it rains! No glass! Ai caramba!

47: The pigeon's will shit you on the head with no glass in the windows!

48: Here's my all glass TV and the annoying (but beautiful) ave maria, WITCH you cant stop! (you should change that)

49: Nice shadows! Please fix that if you can.

50: See discription picture 49

51: A wooden carpet, nice!

52: Hey you do have fixed the stairs in another part of the house, now fix it on picture 19.

53: Some textures that aint right. Also some shadows.

54: This doesn't need some explanation

55: A wider door than the stairs. Also the stair have a strange texture aint they dont have (like the other stairs DO have) glass bulletholes.

56: See discription picture 55.

57: Texture problem, and the balisters dont properly match (at the same level) Why dont you connect the balisers on the right?

58: Texture problem on the upper down side and also the closet. Whats's that strange light coming out of the left corner?

59: Texture revolution is coming you hear?

60: Strange, the steps do have different colors (shadow)? Shadows doesn't fit that properly

61: Shadow problem

62: Texture problem

63: Texture problem

64: Texture problem

65: Shadow problem (the left shadow cant be good!)

66: Privacy problem in the bathroom. Why dont you fit another window in it like the other (wooden) ones?

67: Whats that? Why dont you have this in the other rooms?

68: Texture problem

69  Lighting/shadow problem

70: Is it possible that you change that one?

71: Look at the picture, ugly wooden scenery.

72: Nice towell.

73: Where is the waste hole? Drain?

74: Texture problem

75: Where is the waste hole? Drain?

76: 2 Toilets?

77: Why there's a raised wall here?

78: Couch thing again (good on left, wrong on right)

79: Light from underneath the car?

80: Nice light bulb! ?

81: Make EXIT appear when leaving the premises.

82: Bulletproof boat! No hole. What a nice sales promotion!

83: Texture problem

84: Woa! 4 machines? Why not 2?

85: Waste hole?

86: Im sure the mob is gonna like this car, its bulletproof so they wont get caught.

87: AI-stupidity, they dont now what to do in your map.

88: Undestructable ave-maria. Please make a switch for it!

89: Nice tiles at the ceiling! Huh?

90: Textures that dont match and the balisters that dont match

91: Some scenery that doens't properly match.

92: Strange sheets?

93: Texture problem

94: Mirror needed!

95: Relocate the toilet and remove or change the window. Be realistic! a toilet next to a door?

96: Lighting problem

97: One color for both the ceiling and the windows.

98: Doors opening to outside not inside.

99: Strange lighting/shadow.

100: Where's the motor that controlls the electric doors? Just make a black box with some textures. Be realistic!

Well it is certainly possible that you find more "problems" "faults" in the map.

Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-12 02:01:37 »

Awesome Stuff man!! I love it!

See this is what a real post about a map should look like, not like some of the other stuff I have been receiving on these forums.

Looking through all your pictures and tweek them all up, thanks a bunch..

If you haven't played the Island Estate map on Ravenshield then I suggest you do so;  you will notice some of the problems are the same on both maps.

I will be sure to run this map by you when I get done tweeking it up. Also, Have you not found the secret passage?

Here is your modified list with only the points that are original to the Ravenshield map.

Picture
6: Where's the poolgate to enter the pool?
       Actually the original map did not have a gate to enter pool, now you can go for a swim.

8: Because your map is so huge it is causing a lot of lagg and causing this (taken outside) to happen. Your map is becoming invisible!
        Might be your computer is not fast enough to play the map, runs fine on my computer with Last Resort Mod enabled.

9: This is also a bug I guess? Note the missing texture in the background.
Nope, Original to the RVS Map

10: Don't need to explain this. Also see the balustrade.
Yeah I think your computer is too slow to handle the graphics and frame rates.

18: Why is there a raised concrete floor?
RVS Map is the same

26: What about my sideboard that is made out of glass instead of wood?
In the RVS Map too.

30: Close-up of problem discribed at picture 27
You obviously haven't played the Original RVS map.

34: Where's my mirror?
The Original Map didnt use mirrors, it was an ugly glass texture, decided not to put them to save polygon count and problems. Maybe in a later release.

35: Texture isn't right, and why dont you replace the screen for a glass one that you can open and close?
Great Idea!, but not in the Original RVS map.

44: Damn its gonna be really dark in here without a light bulb. It aint the time before Zorro! Also see the texture on the right.
I get what ya' mean, will add some lights, Not really in the original.

48: Here's my all glass TV and the annoying (but beautiful) ave maria, WITCH you cant stop! (you should change that)
Seriously man, get the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Ravenshield game and play it... Grin

51: A wooden carpet, nice!
Same as Original

66: Privacy problem in the bathroom. Why dont you fit another window in it like the other (wooden) ones?
Give me your address and I will buy you a copy of the game and have it sent to ya!.  Smiley

70: Is it possible that you change that one?
In the Original.

71: Look at the picture, ugly wooden scenery.
In the Original

76: 2 Toilets?
In the Original.

77: Why there's a raised wall here?
Imma starting to sound like a broken record, same as original.

81: Make EXIT appear when leaving the premises.
Not really in the original but its typical in a swat3 map, will add.

82: Bulletproof boat! No hole. What a nice sales promotion!
Same as Original

84: Woa! 4 machines? Why not 2?
Same

86: Im sure the mob is gonna like this car, its bulletproof so they wont get caught.
Same

88: Undestructable ave-maria. Please make a switch for it!
LMAO, I know the feeling, tried the exact same thing, same as Original.

94: Mirror needed!
None in the original, its starting to grow on me, will do in the next fix.

95: Relocate the toilet and remove or change the window. Be realistic! a toilet next to a door?
Same as the Original.

98: Doors opening to outside not inside.
Same as the Original Ravenshield map.

Again thank you soo much. I will have the latest version all fixed up and linked. Would you be interested in designing another map with me?

CC
« Last Edit: 2010-04-12 03:48:48 by CopyCat » Logged
Darker
[noob]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-12 11:21:15 »

Hi,

I didn't know that the map youve made was based on a map in Rainbow six 3: Raven Shield Shocked so I posted some things that dont need to be fixed because the map is a replica of the one in ravenshield  Wink Sorry about that.
Its quite strange that my computer cant handle swat3 good, because with my pc specs it shouldn't be a problem. I notice it very often that theres a little lag on certain maps.

Here are my specs:

Mb: Intel DX58SO
CPU: Intel I7 920
Videocard: EVGA GTX 280
Screen: Iilyama Prolite E2207WS at 1680 x 1050 (Last resort mod doen't support this resolution but Ive changed the swat3.config to play at 1680 1050)
Mouse: Logitec G5

Sadly I dont have any experience in working with Worldcraft or creating anything else (modding) for Swat 3 (I do have 3ds max and worldcraft) but I would like to learn something and I am able to help you in designing and creating a new map. So I have to start from zero in learning and understanding how things work.

Darker

Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-12 16:06:05 »

Your right it is strange. Your computer should have played the map beautifully.
I was being a bit overrated when I said it plays fine on my computer, it lags very little, but was not bothersome. Bringing the map a bit lower in polygon count will cause more problems, the complete map was very busy in terms of rooms being filled with objects and more furniture, but a chunk of the map had to be removed to get it to work in swat 3.

See my other post about a new map I have started to work on.

CC
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-12 16:50:44 »

runs fine on my computer with Last Resort Mod enabled.

How does it run without the Last Resort mod?  Could that be his issue?
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-12 16:55:17 »

No, i don't think it would make a difference. I don't remember if I included any 512x512 textures in the map.
Dont think so, I remember now trying to make the map standard in that aspect.

but your right it might be a resolution problem.

Trying to spread the word is the only logical explanation why I mentioned it. Wink

CC
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-16 04:20:28 »

Quote from: Don_T_Shoot
How does it run without the Last Resort mod?  Could that be his issue?

The problem is that Copy-cat has a MASSIVE amount of polygons in his map and then has even further burdened the game engine with high poly lit actors.  The Swat 3 engine is horrible at open spaces, as we all know, and really is designed just to do simple small rooms.

The last time I looked at his map it was a normal Swat 3 map with standard low res textures.  He had 4 times the amount of recommended maximum polygons for a Swat 3 map and most of those polygons are rendered at the front of the house.

Last Resort doesn't do any black magic (it just hacks the .exe to allow you higher resolution textures and screen sizes).   If a machine can handle modern games it can handle Swat 3.  The bottleneck of course in the Swat 3 engine itself.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 04:33:07 by Slippery_Jim » Logged
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-16 04:42:18 »

(Last resort mod doen't support this resolution but Ive changed the swat3.config to play at 1680 1050)

Not sure why you would have to manually change swat3.config.   Last Resort will allow you to choose that resolution if your hardware supports it for the 3D settings.    Last Resort doesn't have 2D menu support at that resolution.

Last Resort looks at what your hardware reports is an acceptable resolution setting.   Swat 3 runs in 16bit colour and it will use the same frequency that your desktop is presently set at.   If your desktop is running at 60hz then Swat 3 will want to run at 60hz and 16 bit colour.    If your hardware isn't reporting that it can handle that resolution, that colour depth, and that frequency you could possibly damage your hardware by manually forcing it.

Hmm, on second thought I am not sure if you can force a LCD monitor to harm itself.   I know that it was possible to damage old CRT monitors by forcing a bad resolution.  My guess is that modern LCD monitors are a lot smarter and the electronics are idiot proof.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 04:47:43 by Slippery_Jim » Logged
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-18 19:32:26 »

Anyone who wishes to look at the RMF file to tweek or use anything from it go right ahead, it's just a game, I have no problems with sharing. Everyone is going to know where the map came from if anyone wishes to call it their version of it. I would be pleased to know someone else in the Swat3 community enjoys mapping as much as I do and has an interest in an idea I started.

The RMF file is not included in the download above, but will include in next release.
If you Slippery_Jim have some time to take a look at what I have done to the map, please let me know, you will be pleased to know I portaled off all open spaces. Maybe you can knock out the lighting on it, and maybe the bay windows.

Anywho it is very fun indeed to work on maps. I thank you guys for helping with the map by offering your opinions and suggestions. If going thru the map and deleting unecessary polygons is what it's going to take to make you happy, then maybe that is just what I am going to need to do. It's all in the name of fun. Wish I could colaborate with you guys on any further projects I plan to start.

CC
« Last Edit: 2010-04-18 19:36:26 by CopyCat » Logged
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-19 19:52:06 »

I don't mind working on the lighting but I don't want to touch it until you have the last version of it.

I shudder to think of how long a build will take.
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-19 22:30:35 »

If ya' read the readme in the latest version... it didnt take very long and most of the lighting was generic.

Thank you soo much I was beginning to think you didn't want anything to do with it...

CC
Darker
[noob]

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-26 19:15:52 »

Hi,

Do you have any news regarding Island Estate? Updated map that needs to be tested, I can look again if you want.

Darker
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Island_Estate For Swat3 Public Beta Release. « previous next »
Jump to: