[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-21 14:54:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Elves  |  Topic: Allods Online « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Allods Online  (Read 1673 times)
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
Allods Online
« on: 2010-05-06 18:15:10 »

A russian company has made a near duplicate of World of Warcraft that is free to play.    It is still in open beta so there are features being added and bug fixes happening all the time.

Might be worth your time if you are on a tight budget because of the shitty economy.

http://allods.gpotato.com/
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
Re: Allods Online
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-06 19:17:49 »

Yes, I tried the beta and it's definitely a WoW clone. There are some interesting late game features like the ability to fly the giant airship-type thingies and fight massive bosses with the ship's cannons, but the rest of the game seemed too lackluster to warrant playing long enough to get to that point. Some of the starting enemies took me literally like 5-10 minutes each to kill, and the animations were pretty poor. Lots of potential, but it would take some big steps forward to hook me.
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
Re: Allods Online
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-07 04:17:30 »

It is slowly improving.  When I first started playing there was an odd visual stutter in the game (poor performance).   Turns out it was a memory leak (or several) that they have recently fixed so the game is a lot smoother for me.

I am looking forward to see what they do with the mounts (feature being added in future patch).   They do attempt to make things a little different from WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  MMOs  |  Elves  |  Topic: Allods Online « previous next »
Jump to: