[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-21 12:56:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Finally!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally!!!!!  (Read 25167 times)
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
Re: Finally!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-22 17:38:06 »

thats why we keep him around.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-22 18:05:08 »

lol, just when I thought I was being the most cynical Phoenix comes along and beats me.   Grin

No One Expects the Hispanic Cynquisition!!

[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-22 18:10:36 »

Pure. Fucking. Win.
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-22 20:30:17 »

CopyCat is the one who has got this moving - whatever this is - and you're the one who must decide how you want to pursue it.  There are two major ideas on the table and in a radical departure from tradition it's Slippery Jim and myself in opposing camps.  Going for the full source as I propose is a high risk strategy.  You could end up with nothing of any use or even nothing at all.  On the other hand if the gamble pays off the sky's the limit.  I would take the risk because, frankly, without the source I personally will not be paying any attention at all to what happens with this project.  Given that you have invested so much in it already you may want to back Jim and push for whatever minor changes you think you can get away with.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that no one expected anything to come of what I must assume has been constant badgering on your part.  Anything you can get out of this is a bonus and if the rent-a-programmer doesn't produce anything usable no one will blame you for trying.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-22 20:40:38 »

One thing I think we can all agree on is that no one expected anything to come of what I must assume has been constant badgering on your part.

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-22 20:42:18 »

I would love the source code as much as anyone.   I just expect the worst from a corporation like Activision.   I find it hard to believe you would get the source code past the lawyers, PR flunkies, and accountants.
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-22 20:53:49 »

You're probably right.  Since anything less isn't a lot of use I'd take the risk.
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-22 21:10:25 »

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-06-22 21:18:41 »

Pure. Fucking. Win.

I just... yeah. Don pretty much cemented first place in the annals of slapdash photoshop history. If there was any doubt before... there isn't any now.

*bows to Don's comedic genius*

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: 2010-06-22 21:38:43 »

If we take the risk and we loose LAN, will we be able to rebuild the connection.

I presume [furrycat] will be handling the source code (who might need a Iomega zip drive that can handle 100mb disks)

if we go with the rent-A-programmer to make the changes, we might include him to make all variables hex editable.

It's a difficult decision.

I was thinking of including a gamedev chatroom link, or a forum for him to ask questions during the process. That would be f'n awesome, if we were able to brief him days before.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2010-06-22 21:45:33 »

If we take the risk and we loose LAN, will we be able to rebuild the connection.

I presume [furrycat] will be handling the source code (who might need a Iomega zip drive that can handle 100mb disks)

if we go with the rent-A-programmer to make the changes, we might include him to make all variables hex editable.

It's a difficult decision.

I was thinking of including a gamedev chatroom link, or a forum for him to ask questions during the process. That would be f'n awesome, if we were able to brief him days before.

Has he tried using http://forums.furryclan.net/index.php/board,27.0.html as a starting point?

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: 2010-06-23 00:07:39 »

appealing to activision's greed is the key.  with the source code we could make a completely new game, similiar to counter-strike from half life. it costs them nothing, and we may end up making the greatest tactical shooter ever...or just a big piece of crap xD
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-06-23 01:35:44 »

appealing to activision's greed is the key. 

We can bribe them with cynicism and photoshopped pictures. Of those two things we have plenty.

[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: 2010-06-23 02:44:11 »

We can bribe them with cynicism and photoshopped pictures. Of those two things we have plenty.

Yes, but neither of them are any good.  I mean, they're funny.  But not good.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-06-23 04:17:35 »

appealing to activision's greed is the key.  with the source code we could make a completely new game, similiar to counter-strike from half life. it costs them nothing, and we may end up making the greatest tactical shooter ever...or just a big piece of crap xD

Hmm, see that sort of thing is what they may be afraid of.  They don't want competition and they don't want anything that could tarnish the good Activision name (chortle).  They worked very hard building their reputation as makers of quality movie tie-in games.

In all seriousness lawyers aren't human.  They don't think like normal people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Finally!!!!! « previous next »
Jump to: