[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-21 07:14:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 TV « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swat 3 TV  (Read 7289 times)
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
Swat 3 TV
« on: 2010-07-14 02:56:21 »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RycXicLQ5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RycXicLQ5k</a>
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
Re: Swat 3 TV
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-14 06:53:35 »

Jesus fucking Christ. Reminds me of one of my most HATED tactics.

"Let's slow it down." Nevermind the fact that we blew the fucking door off it's hinges with a shotgun, that we used an unsuppressed weapon to mow someone down in a hallway, and yelled at two chicks for 30 seconds until we shot one of 'em and cuffed the other... maybe nobody else knows we're here. Garbage. That's why it's called being compromised. 'Cause your stealth thing is already done. In a tiny environment like that you're not going to be switching back and forth. When you're compromised, you now stick to dynamic tactics 'cause the bad guys already know you're there and speed is of the essence.

/rant

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-14 11:02:53 »

spoken like a true weekend warrior
Zero
[furry friend]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-14 11:22:51 »

i just picked a massive bogey out my nose

Zero.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-14 12:13:18 »

One legit reason to switch modes is to give the use C4 command since there was no "kick in the door" ability. 
[DoubleTap]
[furlosopher]

159004537 allan_v@isnbroadband.net DoubleTapABN DoubleTap_ABN
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-14 12:51:14 »

You're all wrong, the footage should have been from a C-130 camera using the howitzer on the block, threat eliminated. Everyone goes home. This way they remain in stealth mode. Only switching to Dynamic as the round is fired to scream "Get some!!!".

You're welcome.
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-14 13:11:25 »

Damn rambos.
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-14 13:22:12 »

Seems to me the real problem is on the back end, because in real life they'd know you're there after you blew in the door, etc.  But in the game, you haven't triggered the next bad guy yet.   He doesn't know you're there until you cross some invisible line.  If it were more realistic, then after a dynamic entry or fire from an unsuppressed weapon, all the bad guys would be active and doing something instead of waiting to be triggered.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-14 14:00:45 »

I'd like to chime in and say "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.   YOU CANT STAND IN THE DOORWAY."
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-14 15:03:20 »

I'd like to chime in and say "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.   YOU CANT STAND IN THE DOORWAY."

Well, it's the truth.  Ask Sfly and his fucked up leg, or whatever it was, about that whole standing in the doorway thing.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-14 21:50:09 »

spoken like a true weekend warrior

As opposed to a super elite tactical gamer.

At least I'm right... regardless of whatever slights you wanna throw my way.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-14 21:53:53 »

Seems to me the real problem is on the back end, because in real life they'd know you're there after you blew in the door, etc.  But in the game, you haven't triggered the next bad guy yet.   He doesn't know you're there until you cross some invisible line.  If it were more realistic, then after a dynamic entry or fire from an unsuppressed weapon, all the bad guys would be active and doing something instead of waiting to be triggered.

Please recall that the person posting the video and doing the whole bullshit "let's slow it down" every other command is the same person that said "We do the mission right, even if it means everyone on the team is dead."

I guess it boils down to whether you're doing things the right way, or the exploit a game mechanic way. If you're in it for a more realistic experience, then you do it the right way. If you are going for score, then you start firing warning shots, lobbing 40 CS grenades in a room, flicking your flashlight on and off, and having 5 people all standing with their backs pointed to other potential threats tripping over each other to arrest the AI bad guy. Then after you clear one room, "go stealth" and do it all over again on the room that's 3 feet next to the room you just fucking launched explosives into. "Maybe he didn't hear us..." or "maybe we got him with the warning shot next door."
« Last Edit: 2010-07-14 21:58:41 by [_PhoeniX_] » Logged

[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-14 22:10:26 »

It's either that or your favorite tactic of "DM DM DM DM DM"
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-15 00:46:39 »

At least I'm right... regardless of whatever slights you wanna throw my way.

right about what? you don't know wtf you're talking about.  I don't have to slight you, cuz you're a clown. this video was intended to be entertaining and short.  watching you spazz like a palsy nerd is plenty entertaining for me, so mission accomplished.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-15 02:12:51 »

right about what? you don't know wtf you're talking about.  I don't have to slight you, cuz you're a clown. this video was intended to be entertaining and short.  watching you spazz like a palsy nerd is plenty entertaining for me, so mission accomplished.

Let's slow it down.

I do know wtf I'm talking about. Go get you and your team killed, 'cause that's how you win.

Let's slow it down.

And really... your vid is supposed to be entertaining? You slightly changing the intro screen and then playing a map that ALL of us have played quite possibly a hundred times (without switching back to stealth 6 times each instance) is entertainment exactly how?
« Last Edit: 2010-07-15 02:16:03 by [_PhoeniX_] » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Swat 3 TV « previous next »
Jump to: