[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-21 07:12:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Possible bug SCN Hacking 10.0 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible bug SCN Hacking 10.0  (Read 18038 times)
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
Possible bug SCN Hacking 10.0
« on: 2010-10-09 22:52:46 »

This thread is aimed at Furrycat but all are welcome of course to be bored by it.

Mission A has a strange problem in that entity 152 has no classname.   Instead of "light_spot" as the classname it has a blank field.

When I tried using SCN Hacking 10.0 to correct this issue it buggered the .SCN up.     After using SCN Hacking to edit the attribute I get the following response when I use the -Describe All feature:

light index 29 out of range
can't parse entity 172

Here was the syntax of the command I used:

Code:
Scnhacking --edit-attribute 152 classname light_spot missiona,scn -o missiona_new.scn

Here is a link to the original missiona.scn in zip format
http://www.mediafire.com/?9bkp37ux1ip33sb
« Last Edit: 2010-10-09 22:57:05 by Slippery_Jim » Logged
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
Re: Possible bug SCN Hacking 10.0
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-10 01:30:30 »

are you actually posting about swat 3? didn't you know that phoenix is a flamer?
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-10 02:43:47 »

Derailed in one.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-10 08:46:32 »

The difference is SJ actually completes his shit instead of making a half assed attempt to do something, then go all ADHD and say "MODERN WARFARE 2 MAP FOR SWAT3 yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-10 10:16:35 »

Run scnhacking in super debug mode when you do the modification and again on the new file.
Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-10 18:08:53 »

Here is a fix that I did on Martin Brenner's house in which I added a cell name to a light entity.   The sun light entity wasn't flowing onto the porch properly:

Run scnhacking in super debug mode when you do the modification and again on the new file.

ScnHacking 10.0 did work perfectly when I modified a light entity (see photo above) but it doesn't seem to like editing a field that is already empty in the classname.

I tried super debug mode but perhaps I am doing this wrong since I didn't get a different result and no extra error reporting.   Is the following the proper syntax?

Code:
Scnhacking -sd --edit-attribute 152 classname light_spot missiona,scn -o missiona_new.scn

Side note to Phoenix: bar0n is just winding you up.   He doesn't take things too seriously.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-10 18:48:53 by Slippery_Jim » Logged
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-10 18:47:12 »

Yeah. I determined him to be nothing more than a troll a looooooonnnnnnng time ago.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-10 19:12:10 »

Yeah. I determined him to be nothing more than a troll a looooooonnnnnnng time ago.

well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  you hide behind a mask of 'intelligence' when all you do is recycle memes and spout off nonsense that you picked up playing paintball.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-10 19:41:31 »

well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  you hide behind a mask of 'intelligence' when all you do is recycle memes and spout off nonsense that you picked up playing paintball.

Wink

bar0n
[furry groupie]

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-10 21:49:15 »

Wink

you always know when to shut ur fuckin mouth.  that's why i like u.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-10 21:55:51 »

you always know when to shut ur fuckin mouth.  that's why i like u.

Wink

Cpy-Ct
[furry minion]

My Bag Of Tricks

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: 2010-10-10 23:41:10 »

Yeah Phoenix is right I am a loser, with nothing better to do than mod, map, and make guns, weapons and characters for swat 3. I've had a lot of fun with my ton of unfinished projects, don't really care too much for Swat 3 now as I did in the past. I guess it was a mixture of different responses I recieved these past 6 months that caused me to not care anymore. I have managed to do many things with swat 3; someday these skills will come in handy, but for now they will be dormant in my mind, and easily retrievable when the time arises.

I will admit that the majority of my projects were aimed at bringing this clan back to it's roots, in addition to adding a few extra maps for everyones' enjoyment.

It brings me joy to know Slippery_Jim is still at it..

In my experiences with working with the standard maps, I have thought long and hard about redoing them, and indeed this will make the maps look better, but for who? unfortunately ...........this is the reason why Swat 4 didn't do so hot, and probably why Swat 5 is a mystery. This game will always be a tactical game, no matter how many Swat #? there are, you go in and comply, shoot or dosorientate the suspects so you can arrest them, in addition there are only soo many types of maps you can make, wether it be a night club, hotel, airport, cargoship, gunshop, convenient store, it all has been done. YES some map ideas have been redone in Swat4 but graphics and detail doesnt change the gameplay,There are no creative new location ideas for maps. The Maps of the game and the game play will need to change to catch the eyes of current gamer. Most games nowadays are sold on their future based guns, maps and warfare. So in order to keep swat fans interested, you will need to come up with creative ways to keep the uncertainty and gameplay, at the descretion of the FPS. Most of this information i derived from long conversations with buddies on TS3.

ALL IN ALL, the key is NEW MAPS, and how creatiive you can be to create different scenarios, and outcomes, not to bring people back to the swat series but for personal and/or community/clan enjoyment. If you dont have neither, it is not worth it.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-11 00:29:12 by Cpy-Ct » Logged
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: 2010-10-11 02:27:59 »

I will admit that the majority of my projects were aimed at bringing this clan back to it's roots

Why?  It's not your clan.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-10-11 05:39:16 »

In my personal opinion, I think you're wrong on virtually every level.

We don't play SWAT 3 anymore not because there aren't new maps. We don't play SWAT 3 anymore because there was no further development. There are a MILLION different locations that you could create and still make it interesting. I mean look at Martin Brenner's house. How large was that map? But we got endless entertainment out of it. Or the other house... Estate I think it was. The 4th or 5th map. I LOVED that map. In fact, I still fondly remember it. Even if they updated the game graphically with a better engine, but ported the same maps, I'd play that game again. You make a DIFFERENT estate or different Brenner townhouse, and it's just as good.

One of the most amazing things about the original SWAT was that each individual mission was totally unrelated to the last. Then SWAT 2 came out with the RTS/top down nonsense and some stupid plotline and failed. SWAT 3 came out, where the first few missions were completely unconnected to each other, and only did some magic plotline come later, and it worked. Turns out, in real life, almost every deployment of a SWAT team is completely and unrelated to their last deployment. I say almost only because I don't know of every single deployment of every SWAT team ever, but I'd be willing to say that 99.98% of them aren't because ONE terrorist group is going on a takeover spree all within the span of 48 hours. Then SWAT 4 came out and just got stupid with throwing plotlines out there that were fucking stupid. The problem with SWAT 4 wasn't the maps... it was the horrendous engine, the netcode, the game mechanics and the... okay... part of it was the maps. They tried to make everything darker and edgier, without so much as a nod to the real world.

And I don't think you're a loser per se... I just hate the fact that you really like being insistent on dragging us into a game we're done with. None of us wanted to play it anymore, but then you come around trying to annoy us into playing it because of all the work you're doing on a dead game. Then we say no, and you don't take no for an answer. We can only politely say "no" so many times before someone finally steps up and says "SHUT THE FUCK UP. GO AWAY." But I'm not far off the mark when I point out that you are big on abandoning half finished projects to go on to some other grandiose scheme that will only get half finished before your goldfish-esque attention span brings you on to yet another project.

Long story short is we all loved SWAT 3. Many of the members of this clan were heavily involved in the community's portion of developing it and adding content to it. But it was taken as far as it could go with the resources at hand, the lack of the source code, and a dated engine. Then we played the hell out of it until we burned every last possible second of enjoyment out of it. Then you come and try to beat a dead horse. It's kind of insulting, actually. It's dead. Leave it in peace. Move on.

And like GhostRider said... it's not your clan. Why are you trying to dictate it's direction? ... assuming we have a direction in the first place, and we're not just individuals that enjoy keeping in touch after having much fun together in a few games?
« Last Edit: 2010-10-11 05:41:38 by [_PhoeniX_] » Logged

Slippery_Jim
[furry acolyte]

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-10-11 17:29:21 »

On behalf of goldfish I find your comparison objectionable.  Goldfish have a much longer attention span.

I never expected this thread to turn south (do people from the south find this saying offensive?) .   Hugs all around for everyone.

Furrycat don't be shy about edu-mecating me about using SCN hacking.   I know it is tough to deal with ordinary mortals that don't dream in assembly code.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  SWAT3  |  Topic: Possible bug SCN Hacking 10.0 « previous next »
Jump to: