[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-23 12:04:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: Minecraft [server] Updated to 1.4.5 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minecraft [server] Updated to 1.4.5  (Read 6557 times)
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
Re: Minecraft [server] Updated to 1.4.5
« Reply #15 on: 2012-12-11 14:02:36 »

Forestry with BDCraft textures and an updated required files zip added to my page:  http://donpla.net/minecraft/
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-12-13 20:54:34 »

1) IC2 came out of beta today,  forestry had another update so I'll add those in tonight and update the mod download page.   Treefeller is removed again since it never seems to work right on multiplayer.

2) I think I have the server behaving as far as CPU usage.  I disabled all chunkloading for BuildCraft "factories" which includes quarries.  The good news is the server is no longer using 98%+ resources for minecraft but bad news is it disables quarries.

Next step, raise the number of loadable chunks for BuildCraft until the CPU hits....?  60%?  30%?  80?  What's an acceptable number here?
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2012-12-13 21:18:52 »

CPU usage means the machine is busy.  If the CPU is idle my monthly fee is going to waste.  Worry not about the CPU usage.  Just increase your limit until the game becomes unplayable.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-12-13 21:22:55 »

And/or interferes with Teamspeak. 
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-12-15 06:06:32 »

Turned out to not be the chunkloaders or too large of a quarry, or even a chunk error but "too many entities in chunk". 

On local machine I used region-fixer to detect and remove "too many entities in chunk". CPU usage and framerate improved dramatically. copied to testworld with same positive result. unable to figure out what exactly was the too many entities. all inventories appear intact as far as I can tell.

will back up terranova one more time and push dev to live after I patch dev with updated mods. tomorrowish
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-12-17 02:11:19 »

Live is still down until Longbow can verify that things are running OK for him on the Dev server.  LB check your inventories and machines to make sure everything is still there. 

Note: Dev server, aka Testworld, has updated mods running.  Check here for latest files.  http://donpla.net/minecraft/
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-12-17 16:30:39 »

LB confirmed Dev/Testworld working ok for him as well, so I copied the updated mods to Prod/Terranova and cloned testworld.

We appear to be in good shape at the moment as both instances are using ~8% CPU.

The only things I could see different after cleaning up the "too many entities" error was the chickens were gone in the meat processing plant and yet the egg dispenser was full and eggs still in the pipes.   I suspect this may have at least contributed to the problem, or was the whole problem to begin with.   Smasher filled up with chickens all pooping out eggs, which dispensed more chickens which pooped out more eggs until the dispenser was full and the pipes overflowed.

I'll rework the Chicken Smasher to store the eggs in a large chest instead of immediately shooting them out of the dispenser 24/7.  Then run a redstone engine and the dispenser off of a switch (as well as a warning light on the roof and warning sounds).  This should prevent a repeat of another Exponential Chickenaggedon.

Of course the chickens might not be the whole issue, with all the mining material being pumped to the FCI building this may happen again.  I'll keep an eye on it.  
« Last Edit: 2012-12-17 16:39:21 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2012-12-17 19:37:15 »

I'm reading this over just for fun and it seems like it gets more and more preposterous the more I read.  At chicken Smasher my head exploded.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-12-17 20:07:39 »

The Chicken Smasher is an invention of mine and Northstar's.    The only resource we were continually short on was food and the feathers to make arrows.  Arrows need flint, wood and feathers.  Trees are everywhere, we're up to our nuts in flint but running through the countryside trying to find and kill enough chickens to make a full stack of arrows was way too time consuming.

Enter the Chicken Smasher.   A large glass enclosure with an egg dispenser (each egg has a 1/8 chance to hatch into a chicken, the rest just splat).  The enclosure has a floor that rises up and smashes whatever is inside at the press of a button.  Then Northstar's collection system hoovers up the remains, sorting the meat and feathers into one bin and whatever eggs are left back into the dispenser.

The squawking of a room full of pressed chickens has yet to lose its sadistic charm.  And now we can shoot arrows with reckless abandon.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2012-12-17 20:09:05 »

hah.   much win is here.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2012-12-24 15:48:17 »

All the mods we are using have had updates recently.  Most of them minor, however BuildCraft looks to have made many improvements in CPU usage and performance of conductive pipes.  I hope that means we can go back to using regular stone conductive instead of having to use all gold to go more than 8 blocks.   I probably won't be able to update until the day after Christmas though.

Also, in sad news, some change in game mechanic to do with momentum/velocity of dropped items has rendered the Chicken Smasher near useless. No matter how I tried to contain the meat and feathers, the smasher was blasting them out of the sides of the machine instead of into the collection pipes.  So I've disassembled the smasher in favor of the Chicken Zapper.

The Zapper will have a central control console which will feature a switch for the Eggspensary, a separate switch to arm the Zapper's Tesla Coil and a button to unleash the chicken killing voltage.   Safety features include a properly positioned half-wall and fence to keep us out of range of the Tesla Coil,  separate warning lights and sounds for the Eggspensary and Zapper arming switch.   Though the coil will damage people and creatures standing a few blocks away from the outside back wall of the building but if that somehow becomes a problem I'll cordon that off.

I'll set up an automatic crafting table for arrows since the feathers are just piling up and serving no useful purpose right now.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-24 15:50:43 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-12-28 19:02:27 »

I gathered the current mods for 1.4.6 and it turns out that Minecraft just updated to 1.4.7 due to a bug with arrows and fireworks.  This leaves Forge and most, if not all, of the mods incompatible .   Given that situation Testworld is down and Live will stay at 1.4.5 until the mess settles down.

Apparently 1.5 will be the redstone update.  I fear the fuckery that is sure to ensure with that.  If they break my redstone-based contraptions I'm going build that fucking nuke.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-01-07 19:25:40 »

OK, we are still on 1.4.5 on the primary/live/prod/whatever server  but I found the correct Forge version to test the 1.4.6 mods.  I updated minecraftdev.furryclan.net with the newer stuff, including AtmosMobs. So you should see birds and squirrels and stuff running around now.  

If one is so inclined to test it out I put the relevant files and info here for now:   http://donpla.net/minecraft/shindex.html

Side note:  Northy, I built a safe path from our Nether base all the way to the Blaze spawner in the fortress.  However, I will need help encasing the spawn area in blocks.  With the aerial bombardment from the Ghasts and Blazes, the Wither skeleton melee attacks and constant threat of falling into the lava*, it is a might too challenging to build anything without assistance.  

*yes, the jetpacks neutralize MOST of the lava threat but it's not like I need anything else setting me on fire as it is.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-08 20:32:24 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: 2013-01-23 16:46:40 »

The son of one of my co-workers expressed interest in checking out the server, so if you see a stranger on in the next few days it's probably him. He has authored mods so I'm thinking he probably knows what he's doing, but I instructed him not to break the machinery and such just the same.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-01-24 06:30:28 »

But just to be on the safe side, we will be mounting rotating overwatch shifts on the sniper rifle in the hills above [furryfort]. Applicants must be willing to take the shot at a moment's notice. Thank you.

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: Minecraft [server] Updated to 1.4.5 « previous next »
Jump to: