[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-23 11:42:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: MC [Server] Related: FCI Processing Room Issues « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MC [Server] Related: FCI Processing Room Issues  (Read 1247 times)
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
MC [Server] Related: FCI Processing Room Issues
« on: 2013-02-06 13:41:32 »

We ran out of power yesterday and I assume that was due to the MFSU being unable to store enough EU to handle the processing demands of four quarries running full out all day long.  However, when I logged off around midnight there was over 6,000,000 EU stored up and only a trickle of materials here and there arriving in the input chest.  This morning, out of power again.  How did we use up that much power in 7 hours?   Did Longbow or someone start a bunch of quarries in the middle of the night?   I don't mind using up the energy on processing, but I'm wondering if there is a bug in the game or an error in the setup that is leaching power.

The uranium rods were about half out this morning so I restarted the reactor.  I'm betting on the rods running out before any MFSU's explode but if anyone can log in today and check, that would be great.

-------------------------------------
Regarding the scrap feed to the mass fabricator.   I added a single pulse redstone circuit between the gate sensing when then mass fab was empty and the gate controlling the electrical engine feeding in the scrap.   The pulses alternated the scrap amounts it would send.  24 then 40, reliably repeating.  Which would be ok except the lag time to restart the engine each time was huge.  So the mass fab sat empty longer than it was full. But at least the scrap wasn't shooting out of the pipes.

I then remembered Longbow's infinite loop of peat he used to have at the mines.    So after consulting the Master Pipelayer, I'll try his loop ideas.   Either continually circulating scrap in the pipes with some redstone engines or an on-demand system with a more powerful engine. The redstone system has the advantage of consuming no power and has the added benefit of the collection chest never overfilling.   The possible downside is the server may not be happy about tracking all that 24/7 and we may lose all the material in the pipes when the server is restarted.

The on-demand system would loop the stuff in and out of the chest whenever the mass fab is running, probably using an electrical engine, so the scrap would just return to the chest when off.  An added safety feature of an OR gate could be added to the gate on the chest.  The gate could be set to not only respond to the mass fab's signal but also if the chest fills it would start circulating the scrap to keep it from spilling.

Hell, this looping system might be the answer for the main processing grid.  Just loop the input until the macerators and whatever can catch up.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-06 16:10:48 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
Re: MC [Server] Related: FCI Processing Room Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-07 13:11:03 »

I tracked the power drain down to the induction furnace running at 100% power even when there was no work for it to do.  It was using 500EU every few seconds to maintain 100% heat.  Which would drain 7,000,000EU in less than 20 hours whether it was processing anything or not.  I added various sensors to start the furnace when there is something for it to do but it takes several minutes to heat to full capacity.  It will not be very efficient when processing small batches but small batches don't seem to be the norm at FurryClan Industries. The slight loss of efficiency is trivial compared to the fucktastically huge energy waste we had before.

I added looping pipes to the macerator inputs, the recycler inputs and to the scrap feed system for the mass fabricator.  The chance of overflowing the processing room should be greatly reduced now.  I converted the macerators to medium voltage, up from low, because they were starved for power when overclocking at 4x, they seem to run fine at 6x after the voltage upgrade.

I didn't do much work yet on the sorting room though 'BasiumLisaStar' (aka Mrs. Northstar, aka BasiumMortis, aka She-needs-a-snappier-nickname) did a great job with clean up and organization already.  The one thing I added was a diamond pipe to sort iron, copper and tin into different chests since the ore chest seems to be the first one to fill up.  More work is needed in that room.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-07 13:15:18 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: MC [Server] Related: FCI Processing Room Issues « previous next »
Jump to: