[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-23 11:40:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: [Minecraft] New Mods and Server Performance « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Minecraft] New Mods and Server Performance  (Read 2810 times)
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
[Minecraft] New Mods and Server Performance
« on: 2013-02-24 23:52:40 »

Testworld with forestry and buildcraft update and the additional mod of Thaumcraft 3 appears to be functioning fine from an in-game perspective.  And as far as I can tell testworld instance is not trying to claim too much of the server resources now that furry has rejiggered the settings.   So unless furry or anything has noticed anything that could be a problem, we can update soon.

However, not specific to new mods,  I did notice one issue with tethers.  At least on the testworld we've exceeded the number of loadable chunks, or at least what forge refers to as "tickets".  Max is 200 in the config, and testworld is at 208.  The server message was something to the effect that chunk requests over the 200 will be ignored.  Which might explain by Nine Lives teleport pipe seems to unload from time to time despite there being a tether nearby.  

We may have to perform a self audit and eliminate all but the most essential tethers and quarries. ( I'm not sure if any other objects force chunkloading.)  Of course, we could try increasing the allowable "tickets" and see how that affects server performance first.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-24 23:54:43 by [Don_T_Shoot] » Logged
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
Re: [Minecraft] New Mods and Server Performance
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-25 05:13:31 »

How are we already up to 200? I guess the tethers load a rather large number of chunks around them? Maybe there's a way to reduce the radius of the tether?
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-25 13:38:30 »

Of possible interest, something from the Additional Pipes config about a key to show chunk boundaries and the range of chunk load boudaries.

general {
    B:allowWRRemove=false
    B:chunkSight=true
    B:chunkSightAutorefresh=true

# Range of chunk load boundaries.
    I:chunkSightRange=8
    B:enableTriggers=true

# Default key to toggle chunk load boundaries.
    I:laserKeyChar=64

# Percentage of power a power teleport pipe transmits. Between 0 and 100.
    I:powerLoss=95
}

I'm not sure about limiting the range though since Longbow would probably need the range to keep his pipes all alive at once to avoid explosion.

Because, well, you know.  You don't want to blow your pipe when you are down in a big ass hole.  (place your hyphens or spaces where you will.)
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-05 18:11:35 »

Isn't that what F3 does? Also, I noticed this in the bug fix notes for a recent snapshot:
Redstone and components stay powered after unloading chunks

Seems like that could cause some pipe explodiness.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-05 21:34:41 »

F6 shows you in game boundaries.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-12 16:54:05 »

Started a quick single player world the other day to test some things and I noticed squirrels right off the bat. Based on that and some other things I've been reading, I think that the reason we aren't seeing most of the Atmosmobs is due to the way they're set to spawn by default and the spawn limits. If we ever want to see the other Atmosmobs it sounds like we need that Mob Spawn Control mod with a custom config. From the Atmosmobs thread's MSC installation guide (www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1126195-147forge-atmosmobs-v132b-extrabiomesxl-support-is-back):
This guide requires Mob Spawn Control to be installed. It makes it possible for the player to adjust spawning to his/her liking.
When installed, go to the AtmosMobsv1.3.2_MC1.4.7.zip which is what you downloaded to get this mod. Open it (before or after extracting) and you will see a folder called MSC configs. Open it and you will see all kinds of DefaultSpawnConfiguration.txt files. The name indicates the function.
(OnlyAtmosMobs-normal)DefaultSpawnConfiguration = increased normal spawning in the normal biomes
(OnlyAtmosMobs-special)DefaultSpawnConfiguration = this makes it so all AtmosMobs mobs spawn like monsters in the normal biomes. They despawn, but they keep spawning around the player like monsters at night. Recommended to not use this with MoCreatures unless you tweak the configuration because it increases spawning A LOT
Open your .minecraft folder and copy the configuration that you want to there. Rename it to exactly: DefaultSpawnConfiguration.txt. If you already have one, overwrite it.
I really recommend the special ones, they really make AtmosMobs a more fun experience!

So, the special config being what we want, should allow the existing mobs to despawn and generate different ones.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-14 13:08:01 »

Will look into it and maybe get it installed today as I am at home with a bad case of the squirts for third day in row (going to the doctor today).  In between the vomiting and other stuff I worked on some FCI improvements. 

I added a control panel in the power room for the reactors.  On/Off switches for both reactors and indicator lights that show if the reactors are outputting power.  The MFSU will also shut off the reactors when it has reached 100% power, so for now I'm leaving the reactors in the On state.  The MFSU also has an full power indicator light on top.

I added a fifth electrical engine to the power room and it still could barely power the assembly table lasers.  Reading up on it the electrical engines I learned that they can take any voltage so I ran a tap from the MFSU directly to the engines and now the assembly table works much better. We finally see the lasers in the blue instead of the base red only.   

Based on the high voltage results I replaced the stirling engines on the carpenters and thermionic fabricator with electrical engines along with gates to control their operation.  Of course the ever popular thermionic fabricator does not have a signal option for "has work".  The gates seem to treat it as a tank and pump machine so the therm fab continues to be kind of a pain.

The biomatter/fermenter/biogenerator system now has a diamond gate added to hopefully avoid the extremes of pipe explosions or the system going dead.

Did some other stuff too but can't remember.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-14 15:23:13 »

And I concreted the rest of FCI that is above ground.  The cobble for the basement levels seems appropriate.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Minecraft  |  Topic: [Minecraft] New Mods and Server Performance « previous next »
Jump to: