[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-22 23:53:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  ArmA 3  |  ArmA 2  |  Topic: The longest Dayz « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The longest Dayz  (Read 3036 times)
[lakmethemud]
[furry friend]

View Profile Email
The longest Dayz
« on: 2013-03-14 18:05:59 »

There was nothing but water, endless ocean sprawling out as far as the eye could see.  I found myself strewn across the hard sand of the beach, waves lapping at my feet like a puppy, urging me to wake.  As though trying to warn me of an impending doom, they continue to lick my boots until I gathered the strength to pull myself up to a knee.

I turned from the haunting stare of the sea and let my eyes fall on the equally foreboding forest that stood in front of me.  The childhood fear of being lost in the windless trees was pressing against my chest, almost making the option of the cold sea the more likeable option.  But there was something else nagging at me, an uneasiness I felt which chilled my bones.  I couldn't shake it, nor explain it.

In every direction all I saw were trees, empty grassland, with more trees behind it.  It seemed to be midday, judging by the height of the sun and the shadow I was casting.  I reached for my phone to verify, but found only water squished in my pockets.  Shit.  My backpack, which miraculously survived the crash, held little to be desired.  A flashlight and a bandage.  Promising though, the batteries still worked.  Everything else was gone.  And then I began to worry.

I had no idea where I was, my ship could have been anywhere when it capsized.  I have no food, no water, no map, no form of any communication other than my voice.  Good idea, I'll start there.  I wrung out my clothes as best I could and then began to walk towards the closest highest point on a hill to my guestimated West.  Once there, I could see the faint outline of all sorts of bushes, trees, plants, and other various shrubbery along the horizon.  Before thinking it through, I started shouting at the top of my lungs, screaming for help, screaming for anyone to hear me.

After a few minutes, I fell to my knees, now realizing how exhausted I really was.  I sat there and began to process the dire nature of my current circumstances.  My best guess was that I had at least 6-7 hours of daylight left.  How I was going to keep track of that was another question.  I saw a rabbit streak across the field in front of me, darting to and fro with such speed.  Looking back later, I'll realize that thinking my situation was far from the necessity of eating him, was foolish.

As the rabbit disappeared into a hole as quickly as he had appeared, my eyes caught movement further down the stretch of field.  He looked injured, perhaps a cruise passenger not as lucky as I was.  He was slowly dragging his leg, clearly in pain, so I called out again as loud as I could.  HELP!!!  OVER HERE!!!  He stopped, looked up in my direction, and started running towards me.

It was the running that threw me slightly off.  Despite the overwhelming euphoric urge to be encouraged by the sight of a fellow survivor, something made me hesitate in making my way towards him.  The running...why was he running.  How could he be running if he had a limp leg?  As he approached, I became more and more tense, straining my eyes to get a better look at his face.  HELLO?  I yelled.  ARE YOU FROM THE SHIP?  No response.  But when he finally came within 20m of me I started to hear his voice, he was saying something...too hard to understand.  Closer still, I began to make out facial features, caucasian, facial wounds, a clearly broken leg.  Meters from me, he lifted his face and I did not see a man, I saw a face where a man's used to be, now eaten away by a horrible disease.  His rotting teeth nearly falling out of his jaw, decayed flesh folding off his cheeks, and his eyes...it was his eyes that pierced me with a horror so deep I stood there, motionless, helpless in shock.  His dead eyes, with streaks of blood and gashes across them, arrived in front of me and stared me down.  I knew I should run.  And in my head I was already running, sprinting far away from this nightmare.  But my body was stiff, rigid in fear as this man gnawled away at my arm.  There was no pain, only the warmth of my blood streaming down my wrist. 

...to be continued

LTM
[lakmethemud]
[furry friend]

View Profile Email
Re: The longest Dayz
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-14 18:51:01 »

As the shock wore off and the realization that there was a crazy person chewing on my fucking arm, my body arrived at where my brain had been seconds earlier.  I pushed him off and ran.  I ran as fast and as hard as I could.  The screeches of his voice followed me, the horrible yelling and crying of this man chased my mind as quickly as his body chased mine.  Tears poured down my cheeks, I was horrified, shaken, disturbed, and scared shitless.  I had no time to process, no time to react, no time to reassure.  And that was the worst - no time for anything.  Just run, Steve, run the fuck.

I made it through one large field and let up a bit to look behind me.  JESUS FUKCIN CHRIST!!!  He was still there, with no show of fatigue.  I clutched my arm, trying my best to hold the wound and hauled myself up a small incline.  As I crested the top, my feet hit pavement and I felt a rushing wave of relief.  Civilization means safety; where there is a road, there is a town.  And where there is a town, there are people - real people, ready to help.

I pushed over the road and on to the tree-line of the sprawling forest.  No longer did the childhood fears haunt me, they had been replaced by this monster that was chasing me.  I thought to myself, I sure am reflective at odd times.  I chuckled, zigzagged between the elm and the spruce and found myself gaining distance on my bitey friend.  Eventually he simply stopped running and just stood there, mindless for a minute, until he resumed limping in a different direction, as though I simply had ceased to exist from his world.  Interesting, I thought as I fell to the ground in a faint.

Fainting is not always a bad thing.  It's your body's way of telling you - you can't handle this shit, take a seat.  However, fainting while bleeding is never a good thing.  When I regained myself, I was shaking and cold.  I cleaned my wound as best I could and then bandaged my arm to stop the bleeding.  It stung like a bitch and was surely infected, but I forced myself to look past that and focus on what needed to happen next.  I needed medicine, I needed food, and I needed water.  And that road was my best lead for all of that.

I decided to stick in the forest, close to the tree-line to limit my visibility and hopefully avoid that biter.  He had ventured off back towards the water, so hopefully he wouldn't be coming around in my direction any time soon.  I pushed on, quite weak at this point as I must have lost a lot of blood.  I ran when I could, but mostly just walked to save my strength.  Eventually I arrived at a small clearing within the trees, speckled with small bushes.  It was a good 200m across to the other side of the tree-line so I planned my route, from bush to bush, and then slowly made my way out.

Two steps into the open air, I hear the rustle of grass and a branch break.  Frozen, I see a wild boar streak out from the forest into the open field.  Mmmm...bacon.  The pangs of hunger remind me that I'm in a bad place for a lot of reasons.  So I push on across the open field and get to the forest.  A little elation weighs on me, as though I'd accomplished something great.  Perhaps I'd seen the worse there is already and I'll be eating pot-pie and beer tonight in no time.

Continuing on through the woods I hear and see nothing.  No animals, no wind, no sounds of civilization, nothing.  Perhaps if I had some baking soda and a paper-clip I could fashion some sort of weapon, but that thought only causes me to chuckle.  I'm reassured that I still have my wits about me.  Another clearing up ahead as the light peeks through the branches.  As I arrive at the edge of the forest my heart skips a beat and my eyes light up.  A gas station!  There's definitely someone moving around in the main building and there are a few cars about.  Hallelujah!

...to be continued

LTM
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-15 00:33:44 »

Holy Shit! Long time no see!!

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[lakmethemud]
[furry friend]

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-15 00:55:28 »

Ghost, the only reason I thought of looking up Furryclan was because I saw a guy on DayZ with your name.  Small world this Internet.  Smiley
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-15 14:19:26 »

Mind=blown
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-15 16:37:42 »

Lakmet Hemud as I live and breathe.  You should join our Steam group.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-15 18:57:33 »

I think you can find him on Steam under Lak Meth eMud
[lakmethemud]
[furry friend]

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-15 18:58:30 »

I'm on Steam as lakmethemud.  How do I go about joining said group?
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-15 19:18:52 »

Accept my friend invite request.  Then accept my group invite request.
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: 2013-03-16 11:12:12 »

Ghost, the only reason I thought of looking up Furryclan was because I saw a guy on DayZ with your name.  Small world this Internet.  Smiley

Yeah, there's a lot of people on the internet who want to be me.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[furrycat]
[jedi master]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2013-03-16 16:12:51 »

Women want to be with him.  Men want to be him.  Cats want to ride his motorcycles.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  ArmA 3  |  ArmA 2  |  Topic: The longest Dayz « previous next »
Jump to: