[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-09-22 17:57:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43346 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  [furryclan] forums  |  [furryclan] general forum  |  Topic: Wait what? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wait what?  (Read 2271 times)
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
Wait what?
« on: 2016-02-06 04:25:21 »

So I buy a game, goof around, spend my own time to set up a server, do things I find fun and funny and invite the "old clan" to join for laughs.

What do I get?   

I get people being mean. 
I get people doing rude things by moving equipment around and being disrespectful.
I get earfuls of "this server sucks", "this is dumb", "this is gay", "oh teh haxxx!?!?"

I can take shit as much as the next guy but if I give you access to something I am genuinely having a good time with and I am not doing it "your way", please show some respect and don't be an asshole.

I had a fun time with Farm Sim for at least 8 hours today totally by myself and only spawned in some cash.  No haxx.  I was pleased to show my old friends how I put cars on roofs and bought a load of Dodges.  What I got in return was a stomach ache and a bunch of jerks saying dickish things and general griefing.

Is this the furryclan?  Is this who we are?  Is this who we have evolved into or have we always been total fuck-twats?

Isn't gaming supposed to illicit smiles?  Why did my day of fun turn into bile?

I haven't been on TS in years and after tonight, I can't see a reason to go back.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
Re: Wait what?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-06 06:12:39 »

Ok, if you had decided to leave this be I'd probably just shrug it off, but since you've decided to continue QQing here, I feel the need to speak up. Here are the facts:

1. Yes, it's your server, you can run it however you want to. That doesn't mean we're going to enjoy playing on it.
2. That said, I spent hours last night with Lue teaching him how to play the game and getting us some legitimate starting cash. I was immediately irritated to discover that that time was pretty much wasted due to the cash cheat. Had I known that you guys were going to be cheating, I wouldn't have bothered spending hours trying to get legit cash.
3. What you call "being mean" was us expressing disappointment that we couldn't all play together for even five minutes playing the game under normal circumstances.
4. I don't see how moving equipment around is disrespectful. You made no mention of people not being allowed to move equipment. Also, for the record, I didn't touch a damn thing, because there's no point in doing work when you already own everything.
5. As I made very clear on TS, several of [us] enjoy playing games for the sense of progression. For this game in particular, we feel that there's not much on offer besides the progression, so to already own everything without earning it is not rewarding or worthwhile.
6. Don't expect a ton of respect from me when you say right off the bat that the game is "awful." By doing so you have made it clear that you aren't going to take the game seriously at all, and it makes me feel like you're resentful that I or someone [else] encouraged you to get the game, and I already get that kind of shit about games on a regular basis. It's gotten a little old. If you think the game is awful, get a refund and STFU.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-06 12:54:53 »

I bought the game to goof around and play with things.  I had no plans on doing work from scratch.  I bumped us some money and me and Lue were actually working quite hard on sowing fields.  Then you and Longbow join up and just trash talk.  I'm sorry you did "work" and got a sad face when you discovered that there was tons of equipment to use and tryout.  Sometimes playing a game doesn't have to go exactly how the instruction manual tells you to do it.  I spent 6 hours yesterday putting trucks on top of buildings and found that rewarding as all hell.  Then me and Lue started to see if two people could run all the fields and farm.  That was rewarding for me as well.  But when I see Longbow join up, say shitty things about the things I did, take vehicles out and leave them randomly in the field then  leave with "fuck this shit, this server sucks", I'm bound to get upset.

I'm not mad at you Northstar, I know who you are and how you play and you legit told me that I was accidentally planting grass and I learned from it and tried to acknowledge it over the din.  Thank you for that.  I'm just mad about being told everything I worked hard at was shit and I was "doing it all wrong".  I had fun for 12 hours yesterday, minus the 1 hour I was being yelled at for not following the formula.
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-06 15:29:36 »

We weren't around for an hour, we were around for maybe 10 minutes max, and the only yelling I recall was me getting upset because I was accused by Lue of bitching and moaning when all I did was ask why you were planting grass (which I was asking because I didn't want you to ruin your field, in case you cared one way or the other). LB is a little less tactful, but I'd think you would know by now that's how he is.

Anyway, bottom line seems to be that we have different play styles, and that's fine. I probably would've been down to keep playing if by "some cash" spawned in you meant maybe $200-500k so we could get enough fields and starting equipment for a few people to have work to do. "Some cash" was actually more like several million and you owned every field and one of just about everything. I get that you want to try out the equipment, but I've already been playing these games and tried most of it, so at this point I'd rather earn it. As it stands I just wouldn't have fun on that server, so that's why I left. It'd be like if we played SWAT 3 and everyone brought grenade launchers. Might be fun for 5 or 10 minutes, but it gets old fast.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-06 15:42:40 »

I'm over it.  Sorry I messed up your work.

As for you Longbow. 

[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-07 00:45:21 »

I think last night there was a whole lot of alcohol fueled butthurt.

I see the value in both progression and -dicking around. But typically I like playing the stuffing out of something, THEN dicking around once I've accomplished everything there is to be accomplished to eek out the last couple of hours of value out of the game.

I think Northy and Longbow logged on thinking "Hey, this is going to be awesome because now we'll have FOUR people on the same server making money and working the fields" only to log on and see "Hey look. Everything that can be done has been done." TBH that's why I didn't bother trying to log on myself. I heard them say that all the equipment had already been bought and all the fields were purchased... so I figured what was the point in logging on only to drive around? That's what we have Spintires for. =D

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-07 13:46:27 »

Again, it comes back to people playing differently.  I don't have the time in my life to drag back and forth across a field to upgrade to a 100hp tractor from my 80hp tractor.  You guys, do, and that's fine with me.  If I hadn't
of enabled dev mode and gave myself money I would have never of played as much as I am.  For me, this game is all about playing around with the wood chipper or the feller buncher or the forklift and above all else, having some laughs.

And to the second point, why does everybody keep saying everything that can be done is done and my favorite, "Whats the point now?".  I've spent off and on the past 2 days trying to figure out how to use the crane.  I have 18 fields that died since I cannot figure out how to maintain just by myself, and I still can't find my damn cow.  I'm happy.  I have nothing done at all and a million things to learn and progress on still.  I'm very serious when I want to be and very casual when I get tired of it.

How on earth can a person join/walk into a farm and see Dodge Ram trucks put on top of every roof and not laugh?  I think I'm just sad that I tried really hard to make you guys all laugh and have a causal silly time and then many people just got down right mean. 

Annnnyhow, I digress.   
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-09 19:47:17 »

Indeed, time to go spank the horse.  And by that I mean to masturbate to conclusion...if you catch my meaning.
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-11 21:24:05 »

sorry i didnt know this topic was here, havnt been on the forums in a long time. 

as for the game, I'm truly sorry for the way I behaved that night.  Not as an excuse, but there was a little alcohol involved. 

there is no hard feelings from me, and look forward to playing games with all of you again. 

I dont remember what all was said or done that night, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if I was just jokingly busting yalls balls...
[Luedog]
[furry veteran]

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-24 14:33:19 »

[Longbow], do you use ICQ?
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-06-26 23:08:11 »

yes
[Luedog]
[furry veteran]

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-07-09 08:56:55 »

I thought that was dead. Shocked
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-07-10 22:32:32 »

actually use Pidgin to connect to ICQ.  the ICQ client sucks now...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  [furryclan] forums  |  [furryclan] general forum  |  Topic: Wait what? « previous next »
Jump to: