[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-11-22 04:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43350 Posts in 3544 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: w1bble
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Red Storm rising  |  Topic: The Division « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Division  (Read 1668 times)
Silent
[bum]

View Profile WWW Email
The Division
« on: 2016-02-18 08:07:44 »

With the up coming open beta this weekend, has anyone played or are planning to play?

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/home/

Silent-X
Formerly Cop from [COG] and [PAW]
"I remembered to lift the toilet seat but forgot to pull down my pants." - Shin Chan
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
Re: The Division
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-18 14:53:27 »

I might check it out. I was just going to wait for reviews to come in since I've been burned by Ubi lately, but I didn't realize this was an open beta.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-18 17:55:51 »

The gameplay video is intriguing, though that stiff camera work belies thumbstick/console controls. I suppose that is only an issue with the console versions, of course. 

Anyhow, I'm not intrigued enough to bother installing UPlay until some reviews convince me.

Shopkeeper:  Take this object, but beware it comes with a terrible curse, it is from Ubisoft!

Homer: Ooh, that's bad.

Shopkeeper: But it comes with tactical COOP gameplay!

Homer: That's good.

Shopkeeper: The gameplay is also cursed.

Homer: That's bad.

Shopkeeper: But you get your choice of toppings.

Homer: That's good!

Shopkeeper: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-20 02:35:46 »

Tried the beta for a little while, did the story missions that are available. I think this one's a pass for me. I was hoping for something a little more realistic and survival-y. It pretty much feels like a Watch Dogs MMO without the hacking, stealth, or vehicles, which doesn't leave much. The gun play is decent but gets very repetitive. I think I'd rather go back and play Defiance, which actually has vehicles, similar cover based shooting, and somewhat more interesting weapons and missions. Also, it's free.
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-23 08:46:01 »

What I read about that game was "there's nothing quite like being sold a tactical shooter, only to empty a full magazine into an enemy's head and watch them shrug it off."

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[NorthStar]
[furry postmaster]

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-23 15:02:50 »

What I read about that game was "there's nothing quite like being sold a tactical shooter, only to empty a full magazine into an enemy's head and watch them shrug it off."

It's a loot-based shooter, which means that guns have stats, which means that they can't let you do one-hit kills with level-appropriate weapons against level-appropriate enemies or the stats are meaningless. Think Warfreem, not ArmA. I would probably be OK with it if the rest of the game had more to offer.

Also, it doesn't take a full magazine if you can put rounds on target.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-23 16:38:47 by [NorthStar] » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  Red Storm rising  |  Topic: The Division « previous next »
Jump to: