[furryclan]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2021-05-17 03:50:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Teamspeak status: teamspeak.furryclan.net

[furryclan] main page: furryclan.net
43369 Posts in 3552 Topics by 235 Members
Latest Member: ALLR6
* Home Help Search Login Register
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  ArmA 3  |  Operation Flashpoint  |  Topic: Re: Will you install and play? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Will you install and play?  (Read 12035 times)
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
Re: Will you install and play?
« on: 2005-09-13 18:11:05 »

Okay... we're up to 9 people who will reinstall and play. Do those people want to continue to be anonymous or what?

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[_Sfly29_]
[furry initiate]

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-13 20:09:30 »

still have it installed with ecp and all clown mod ready when u are

[_SFLY29_]
[Longbow]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-13 20:17:29 »

im still installed, all i need to do is patch it to the current mods.  
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-13 20:28:26 »

Did we lose forum data?   I could swear I posted this shit already.

Get the LOL approved shizz here
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-13 22:48:07 »

Well the question posed in this thread was the interest in re-installing and playing the game again. The other thread was a nostalgia thread. This is an action thread! I got a hankerin' to  Rescue Willard!

[12:46] [DT], Drax: I enjoy hooking my little sister up with guys from across the country
[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-15 03:42:27 »

I said I'd do it, but my PC is FUBAR.  I need to get the parts for my new one, currently have the money, and need a suggestion or two.  I need a mobo, cpu, ram, vid card, and power supply.  I generally prefer Intel to AMD, nVidia to ATI, and that's about it.  Thoughts?

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-15 06:46:29 »

Battlefield2 seems to require 2gigs of RAM to run really smooth (running it on 1GB here, but it tends to drag badly if entering areas of the map I haven't been to yet). But I do not know if this is representative for games in the near future. Still better get 1.5GB or even 2GB.

The graphics card should have 256MB already, I'd say. They are heading towards 512MB with the newest ones. If you can afford it get at least a Geforce 6800 GT, or better the Ultra. Even better would be the 7800series but that's a whole lot of money, but also a whole lot of power. NVIDIA cards still seem to get a bit hot. But the 6800 stock cooler is not as loud as some people pretend it to be.

I'm not up-to-date on cpus, sry. Here I am using an Athlon64 3200+ and am really happy at the moment. If in doubt, spend more money on the GFX card.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-15 13:36:01 »

Bah, so far, any Nvidia cooler I've heard is so loud it rips your fucking head off.  Plan on replacing any Nvidia heatsink/fan system with something less jetengine-like unless you are already deaf or are keeping the computer in another room.

[GhostRider]
[nothing better to do]

120393882 ghostriderusa@msn.com RoddenCJ ghostrider_fc
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: 2005-09-15 14:37:43 »

Hmm... I wonder if it's worth doing some new cooling option like liquid cooling or heat pipe.

See my Battlefield 2 stats here.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-09-15 14:46:00 »

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed by computer noise and am not willing to shove my computer in the closet, because, well, that's where I keep my gayness where it should be.  So I dont' know if I'd go all liquid cooled and such unless you are really committed to that sort of thing.  

I just went with large, slow, quiet fans and very large heatsinks to tame the noise. Not eliminate mind you, just enough to tone the machine down to a dull whine.
-Dick
[bukkake master]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005-09-15 16:11:53 »

Those heatpipes are fricken huge.  It wraps around your card like a smake and looks like it takes up a pci slot on top and bottom.

Dons way is prolly the best option.  Larger fans that put out more air, and less speed.  Pay very close attention to the db rating on the fans you buy too.  I found some nice cheap ones that are stone quiet.  My only gripes now are my loud hardrives.
[Don_T_Shoot]
[bukkake master]

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-09-15 17:01:00 »

Would a new motherboard purchaser be wise to get one with PCI Express?
[predaeus]
[millennium club]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005-09-15 17:09:47 »

u dont have too many options with agp gfx boards, so, yea.

I formerly had a Geforce3. But it seems the single fan in the case is so anoying loud that the new card doesn't stand out too much. Still I got the fitting ARctic Silencer when I ordered it. Just didn't install it yet. Guarantee n stuff.

On the box it says ~3 sone for the nvidia cooler (3 sone is said to be very annoying) while the replacement cooler has about 1 sone. I'm looking forward to that because it also blows air out the back of the case instead of circulating it inside. So maybe I can lower the cards temperature, lower card fan noise and get rid of the case fan.

And what I heared from other cases you don't need watercooling to get a very silent rig. As in my case I'm sure the guilty one is a single case fan.

EDIT: that's alot of cases.
DAS-CHUNKINATOR
[furry initiate]

ekj2002@hotmail.com Chunkimous
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: 2005-09-15 20:03:11 »

hehe, my sounds like it is going to take off half the time.

I have a crazy about of fans in there though: 1 120mm exust, 2 80mm intake, one on the GFX card, 2 80mm in the PSU, and a very loud, high flow 80mm on the heat sink.

I just turn the speakers up to drown out the case.

PS.  I'll install and play.

I asked my mom if I was a gifted child; she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

See my craptastic BF2 stats here: Das-Chunk
[_PhoeniX_]
[nothing better to do]

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-09-19 21:18:18 »

Alrighty. When I get home, I will be installing OFP, OFP:R, and the LoL clan stuff. Part of being able to play is you bastards showing up on TS TO play. Try doing that every now and again, and we'll be alright.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
[furryclan]  |  Single player and online games  |  ArmA 3  |  Operation Flashpoint  |  Topic: Re: Will you install and play? « previous next »
Jump to: